CHAPTER 5

FARAH'S POV

The butler gave me a kind smile, which suddenly made me terrified. I could tell that this man isn't someone I should mess with even though he looked friendly and looked easy to talk with.

He answered in a calm tone. “Don't worry, for now, I'm planning to hide it for a week so that you can familiarize yourself with the manor. Besides, Mr. Valcarcel has something important to do in those weeks so you don't have to worry about meeting him.”

Saying that I let out a relieved sigh as she smiled in delight, but then I suddenly remembered the content in the book about Mr. Valcarcel's important thing to do that week.

My whole body shivered just by recalling the content.

During that whole week, Mr. Valcarcel was in the torture room which was placed underground in the Valcarcel Clan and no one knows from the clan other than the butler knows where the torture room. I also don't want to know either. All they know was that Mr. Valcarcel could make someone lose their mind. Those who were sent to the torture room either come out with their limbs cut off or broken, lost their mind and sanity as if they can't remember who they were, or come out from the torture room as a corpse.

I, who read the content with data with filled details about what happened inside of the torture room, couldn't help but cover my mouth, seeming to want to puke but holding back. The whole content about what happened that week was gore.

I couldn't help it, it was too terrifying and looked disgusting, especially with my ability to create a vivid imagination just by reading a book which is why I could imagine those gore scenes and blood scenes.

I was warned by the author that the chapter contains bloody scenes, gore, and other scenes that aren't suitable for those who are eating but I didn't mind those warnings and happened to eat cookies while reading the content. I almost vomited everything that I ate that time because of the content that I read. It made me lose my appetite which made me lose two pounds that day but I still read it anyway out of curiosity, enduring my goosebumps.

That was the reason why I concluded that the title of the book connected to the content. All the characters in the books, except that small characters and passersby, are psychopaths!

I snapped back to reality when I heard someone call my name, which made me look at the butler who was looking at me with worry.

“Are you okay? You look pale." The butler stated and I let out a forced smile.

“I'm okay,” I answered politely, but deep inside, I was cursing that psychopath villain in my heart.

Seeing that the carriage has stopped, I glanced at the butler and asked, “we're here?”

The butler politely smiled at me and nodded his head. “Yes, we're here.”

After he said that, he walked out of the carriage, guiding me from walking out of the carriage.

I politely smiled at him and accepted his guidance as my eyes swept at the large wooden sign on top of the gate.

[ VALCARCEL CLAN]

I gulped down all my nervousness—I'm not the type of a person who got nervous easily because it's not my character to do so, however facing the home of a psychopath, of course, I felt nervous!

“Nervous?”

I heard the butler ask, making me shake my head in denial.

I moved slightly forward towards him and whispered at the butler. “Are you sure that the psychopath—I mean, the head of the clan; your boss, won't be here right? I won't meet him, right?”