𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

I woke up and crawled out of bed. I held my blanket across my body as i walked down the cold hall,turning on the lights as i passed. I hate waking up.The rest of my day is whatever, going to bed is amazing but waking up? Distasteful.  I made myself a bagel and got ready for the day. I don't have my first class until 8 today so that should be alright. Finishing up getting ready my eyes moved to the clock to do a time check.

"7:40?! IT WAS LIKE 6 TWO MINUTES AGO"

i bolted out the door and began my long day.

*short time skip to her last class*

It only took 2 coffees and a monster but here i am. Fully paying attention to the board and writing notes. I've always taken a lot of pride in my work ethic. I really enjoy school,the best feeling for me is getting good grades. Though i don't have much of the motivation to do it,i try my best to do what i can. I felt my phone vibrate.

shit.

vinny probably thinks i ghosted him right now. I hope he just guessed i was busy and didn't block me.

my anxiety really started to kick in. I quickly unlocked it and went onto our chats.

V:good morning

V:excited for today?

V:you alright?

i bit my lip and typed fast

A: HEYY!!! yeah im okay i got so caught up in work im so so sorry.

A: college schedules are weird. If i'm not in class i'm getting ready for class and when i'm doing neither im catching up for my next class,i'm excited for tonight though

V:i thought you died ngl but it's okay

V:i'll send you the restaurant when you're ready see you later  :)

A:i'll lyk

A: Later :)

i looked back up at the board,so much more was already written down,no way i could catch up with the notes now.

He better make tonight worth it.

I walked in my apartment and rushed down to my closet ripping through my clothes.

should i wear a dress?

something formal?

casual?

jeans?

am i overthinking?

no first impressions count.

I settled for something basic and in-between after all it's not like this is a date date. Right?

I put on a black knitted sweater and jeans with black converse. That'll do the trick for now i'm sure. I put on some black eyeliner and light makeup,sprayed some perfume and picked up my phone.

A:address good sir?

V: sakes on 285 sound good?

A: be there in 20.

I walked down the steps saying bye to my cats,and started driving not too sure what i was getting myself into.

I pulled into the parking lot and scanned the area for anyone that looked like what i had seen on his instagram.

I'm nervous.

why am i so nervous?

A: i'm here

V:i'm standing in the front

A:hmm i don't see you

I parked and got to the front looking again. Place is pretty crowded for a monday.

I kept walking and scanning before i felt a hand on my shoulder.

"hey!"

I was greeted by the smiling icon i'm used to only seeing on  my phone.

"oh my god hey!" i said giving him a small hug.

He's a lot taller in person and his smile is just as radiant.

He was wearing a black t shirt and black cargo pants. He looked pretty cute.

"wanna go inside? You know to eat?" he cocked his eyebrow at me.

"Hmm i don't know i usually like to just stand outside and smell the food" i retorted which earned me a laugh from vinny and another one of my new favorite smiles.

we walked in and got a seat and we talked. Which is obvious, i mean you don't go out in silence but this talking was...normal. Like i already knew him. He already knew me. Like we were old friends reconnecting. He felt so welcoming,the way he talked and laughed and felt my hand when we got close and joked.

"i prefer the oaty things the marshmallows are so gross."

"I only get lucky charms for the marshmallow i pick the other shit out"

I widened my eyes at the thought

"just the marshmallows? Thats nasty i could never."

"well turns out you are a weirdo after all!"

"I'm weird?! I'm not even gonna start..." i laughed.

We talked about stupid stuff you do when you're getting to know someone. I talked about school and what i wanna do when i graduate,he talked about his band and some funny stories,we talked about where we were from,all the "necessities". He pulled through on his part of the bet and payed for everything.

"i had a lot of fun with you."

"mm it was alright"

"maybe we could see each other again soon?Since i know you're not TOO weird now?"

does he like me?

so this WAS a date?

my face heated up at the thought of it.

"is that you poorly asking for another date?"

"not anymore!" he playfully started walking away.

i pulled him back but tripped.

He grabbed my by my waist and swung me around standing me back up,and close to his chest.

"well if the offer is still there i'm free just about anytime" i said looking into his eyes. They were dark and soft. I wanted to know them better. see the way they glistened in the light and watch the way they danced in the dark. a day ago he was a random guy i'd just stumbled across but i feel something with him.

maybe just a good friendship?

His hands still grabbed around my waist,and my hands were still firmly pressed against his chest,i was still falling,but not so much on the concrete anymore.

"so maybe this weekend? when you don't have a bunch of classes to stress about?"

"aw thinking of me. So sweet" i giggled

"that sounds great vin"

he smiled down at me pulling me into a hug before letting me go. i got into my car and turned around catching his gaze.

I smiled and waved before driving off but i really didn't wanna go.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

✎:i hope this was enjoyable,i'm really excited to get further into this,i have a lot of juicy plot points but i don't wanna rush it :))