1

Do you remember?

When planet Earth was filled with life? Blooming with hope and tranquility?

I don't.

Not to brag about that, because not remembering what the past was is kinda a bad thing. But I.....just don't remember. By a choice.

Was it real? Back then?

I don't know for sure.

It could've been all in my head, where dreaming and imaging the possibilities of living life your own way is the most comforting thing you could do when times are rough. And then when you imagine the best thing possible, you want to go there and stay forever.

But I don't think it was apart of my imagery. I think it was one of someone else's chicanery.

Like they're controlling me.

Even then, that doesn't scare me either. Being controlled.

And then, am I being controlled? Am I?

It could be an odd of some sort. Or it could just be the hard truth I have yet to face all on my own. Either way, it's a rather swell prospect. I'll keep it in my hands for as long as I'm alive.

As long as I'm still breathing and taking steps, I won't ever find out why the world is the way it is today.

I won't ever discover why it's so gloomy, stormy.

I won't be able to tell the difference between what's real and what's fake.

I won't find the truth.

For centuries, maybe even thousands and thousands of years.

I mean, immortality is a curse disguised as a blessing. For me that is. It may be the opposite for others who have a more agape, transparent mindset unlike that of my own, though, they could feel the same as I do. Even if it's the opposite for them. In a way, we're all the same.

I say I don't remember anything from the past. Not even the slightest in the present.

But memories? Ouch.

They hurt worse than a freight train striking a car.

Existing is a jinx to all life. Human or not.

You may think it's a miracle you were born, or rescued from being hostage, or saved from death at the last minute, but that miracle you call it may not be a godsend after all.

I get it: some people like to believe life is the best thing to have, and that it was granted from a higher being.

But that's not true in my world.

I don't think life here on Earth was allegedly crowning. I don't think it was meant to last forever, even if it did for over a million or so years long ago.

I personally think life is a game.

And now that it's over, it's finally shutting down.

Just like how in outer space, when stars are born, they live for the longest life with the resources they were born with. Until they run out of those resources, and finally wither, explode into nothing.

Maybe that's why I don't remember anything of the previous cosmos Earth contained.

Maybe I'm just a dying game.