Chapter 11: Take Them To Church

Felicity's eyes opened to see her thighs resting against a chair. She wondered how she got here. She remembered eating brownies really late at night and thinking about the first time Oliver and her had met, but what about before that?

No, before that was a visit from the Arrow... What about after? Felicity tried to think as she raised her head and leaned back against the chair she was sitting on. She remembered stars, and a little boy...

The little boy! Felicity shot forward, her hands flying forward. She screamed out, realizing that she was bleeding from a shoulder wound. She whimpered and groaned in the back of her throat to keep from crying. She had been shot!

"Wakey, wakey, blondie," a voice called to her. "Time to get some answers..."

"I'm not telling you... Anything..." Felicity struggled to speak, her voice was hoarse and lost in the low volumes of sleep land.

"But you will, sooner or later..." It was the white man that spoke to her, and she was in too much pain to shiver from the sound of his voice.

"I choose never," she muttered in a reply.

"You will talk or-"

"What?" Felicity asked and tried to shake off some of the sleep calling her name still. "You'll shoot me again."

"It's a thought!"

"You? Thinking?" Felicity tried to act surprised. "I guess you do learn something new everyday..."

"Shut up, bitch!" The white man pulled the gun up and point it at Felicity's head. Her heart picked up speed. It was her life or the whole entire city, what choice did she have? She didn't want to die, but if there was a chance to take out men like this and save lives.... She had to do it. She had to die. Felicity struggled to swallow, but she made slow peace with it all. If she was going to go down, she was going to be barred in the grave with dignity, and secret intel that they'd never get their hands on.

The grave... Suddenly, the thought seemed comforting to her. She had never wanted to die so much in her whole entire life. And, it was all because of one thought that she had just came upon.

Oliver. Oliver was dead, as much as she didn't want to believe it in the past, she did now. It was a comforting thought that after five years she could see his face again. Feel his warm touch of his skin on hers. Hear his voice... Felicity imagined his charming smile, the sarcastic twinkle of his eyes that she loved. Felicity smiled softly in the silence and then she heard the gun cock back into place.

A loud shattering noise broke her peaceful thoughts, and she jumped in her seat. Her hands were tied to the chair, her feet were flat on the floor, tense as she saw a man spring through the window of the small area that she was in.

Glancing around, she saw that she was in a chapel. The man that just (gracefully) broke through painted glass and landed on his feet like it was nothing had a bow in hand and arrow flew from the back string and toward the gun pointed at her.

Never had she heard such a warm, warning growl from a man's lips than when the man in green leather shouted, "Get away from her!"

Felicity noticed how the Green Arrow stood tall, the bow rested at his side. She reminded him of someone she used to know, but she couldn't believe it. He was dead, there was no choice...

Bullets flew from a different gun and she screamed in fear. Her whole body was tense as she saw a man jump down from the window sill and behind construction that was happening in the church.

All noise halted in the church as more men in black leather burst through the doors of the church. She had thought it was just the two of them, but of course they came with a gang...!

All Felicity heard in the moments that passed where her heart beats and deep breaths that were coming in and out of her mouth. They were fast, uncontrolled and frantic. She was searching, trying to find the man in green leather.

As the small troops spread out throughout the church to find him, too, she spotted a fast blur of a body. She heard more gun fire, squeezed her eyes shut and waited for it all to be over. Felicity thought that it was when someone pulled her over by a railing in the chapel. She then discovered that hair pulling wasn't a part of a rescue mission, and whoever had their arms wrapped around her skin wasn't a friend.

She screamed and tried to fight them, but it was useless, she wasn't strong enough. She wasn't strong enough to save Oliver, to wasn't strong at all...

A tear slipped down her face as more violence came. She was dragged to the top of balcony of the chapel and trough the tears Felicity saw a man in green leather face the two of them.

"Let her go, and no one else will get hurt," he growled at the man pointing a gun at Felicity. "Now..."

Felicity struggled to breath and talk, but she managed to say, "Don't kill him, Arrow, please! You're not a killer, I was wrong."

"No, you weren't," the arrow growled. "If he kills you, I loose everything. I'm not willing to chance that."

Felicity didn't understand what he was saying, but Oliver did. How was he supposed to keep on living without her? Even from a distance, he knew that she was alive and happy. If she dies, he dies.

"Don't worry about me," Felicity muttered. "I don't care whether I live or die, just save the others in the hospital."

"Be quiet," a harsh tone instructed her. "He's threatening..." The gun was a cool metal against her sweating forehead.

"There's a boy," she whispered as quiet as soft heat, "he's here all alone... Make sure he gets a good home. He's a smart little boy."

Oliver wondered why he was waiting, why he didn't just shoot the guy.

"Talk to Ray Palmer, he'll get the boy to safety."

The black leather head didn't like being interrupted so he yelled,"I said quiet!"

"And I said let her go. I won't tell you again."

"Why do you want to save her?" He swiped at the bandages on her chair and he wrapped an arm around her throat. Backing up slowly, he came to the edge of the railing. "There will be endless strife in the city if that monster of an ATOM will get released onto the streets! There isn't any justice in Starling City!"

"That's not for you to decide!" he shouted in a deep throaty mask. "If I shoot you, I can still save her, you know that right?"

"Not if we both go over the edge..." he bargained with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't care if I live or die," Felicity whispered again. Felicity wrapped her arms around the man's grip on her neck and took a gaigaintic step back. The feeling of seeing Oliver's face all over again was too much, she needed to see him smile just one more time. It was hard enough going through life without him, and she never considered suicide before, but why hadn't she? It would've been so much easier than dealing with all this pain!

"Felicity?" Oliver locked his eyes on hers and saw the pain swirling around in blue. "What are you doing, Felicity?"

"Just save the others, okay?" she didn't wait for an answer.

Bringing the man around to the side, she launched both of them over the edge of the balcony railing.