Unexpected

Shadow felt the cool breeze travel through his quills as his feet dangled off the towering cliff, resting his head right next to Sonic's as he observed the glowing balls of fire in the pitch-black sky. Feeling Sonic tapping his head with his finger, he looked aloft, only to be met with dashing, ravishing, emerald eyes. He simply couldn't steer away, Shadow leisurely and brung his muzzle closer to Sonic's. Feeling his heart beating at a rapid pace, he pecked Sonic's lips with his own.

Club Rouge:

"..Shadow? SHADOW?!?" 
Shadow sprung wide awake as Rouge lightly slapped the back of his head. He grunted and turned his eyes towards the bat. 
"I'VE BEEN TRYING TO WAKE YOU UP FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES!" 
She angrily cried out, "I'm closing up Club Rouge for the night. You've got to start camp somewhere else, Shadow."
Shadow checked the auburn clock located alongside the massive glass doors blocking out the cold. It was indeed closing time. 
He slurred an apology and stumbled out of the club, completely forgetting about the unwelcoming weather awaiting him. Shadow shivered; he felt dizzy and worn out. He had been devouring shot after shot all night. His entire system must've been wholly flooded with alcoholic refreshments at that point. He couldn't even walk straight. Shadow cringed at the idea of The Ultimate Lifeform not being able to walk on his own two feet. The Jet Black Hedgehog slowly trudged down the streets of Station Square, not knowing where he'd find himself or what was to come. Vehicles fell off pace as passengers eyed Shadow in his sorrowful state; he was making a fool out of himself without even discerning it. Shadow resumed making his way to wherever he'd end up, his mind feeling foggy. He clenched his fist and looked up at the night's relaxing airglow. Shadow's tranquil gaze studied the shape of each and every luminous star. He then started to feel emotional. A wave of sadness had swang at him, making those Ruby eyes of his glisten in the moonlight. Sticky tears flowed down his scarlet cheeks; connecting down the middle of his muzzle. Murky thoughts filled his head as he thought back to those precious times with Maria. His affection for her was endless. Her aura was effortlessly as beaming as the millions of stars in the sky. This emotional roller-coaster was, however, disrupted by the horrid sounds of an all too familiar car's honk.

"HEYA SHADOW!" 
Sonic gushed as he made his way out of the vehicle. The cobalt's grin twisted into a frown as Shadow wiped his tears with his glove.
"Is everything alright Shads?" Sonic hesitantly sputtered as he laid a hand on Shadow's back quill.
"I'm fine Hedgehog." Shadow coldly said as he slapped Sonic's hand away. 
Sonic replied "You don't seem alright, you were crying dude." 
"I simply don't know what you're talking about. It must've been the moonlight reflecting on my eyes, fooling you into thinking I, The Ultimate Lifeform, would be crying over absolutely nothing."
He confidently said, walking away to continue his journey of finding himself in the middle of nowhere that very next morning. Sonic grasped him
"And where do you think you're going?" 
"Home." Shadow mumbled.
"Your home is in the other direction." Sonic pointed in its path. 
"I obviously knew that Faker, I was simply testing your intelligence level, you merely fell for my wicked scheme."
Shadow coughed as he started his stroll towards the direction of his home.
"I'm not letting you walk home by yourself, Shadow, you're coming with me."
Before Shadow could even react, Jet Black was picked up by Cobalt; being shoved into the hedgehog's car.

Above Mobius:

The Ultimate Lifeform soon awoke to the magnificent view of Mobius City. Realizing that his head was resting on Sonic's lap during the moment of beauty, he jumped up in embarrassment. 
"What's the matter dude?" Sonic innocently said. 
"I just wasn't expecting to awaken on your lap, Hedgehog,"
Shadow replied. The alcohol had seriously cast down the barriers he averagely set up, he hoped to god that Sonic of all people wouldn't be able to take advantage of this weak state. The mood became more and more unpleasant with every passing minute. Both of the hedgehogs were oddly discreet. Sonic leaned back in the damp, green grass. Seeming like he was deep in thought. He suddenly turned to Shadow.
"What were you even doing out there Shads?" 
Shadow pondered, unable to exactly recollect the reason as to why he was outside in the first place. Everything before their meet-up was a blur. 
"I'm unsure." He serenely replied. "Everything involving tonight is simply a blur to me, hedgehog." 
Sonic continued "You don't seem so sober dude, have you been out drinking?" 
The Ultimate Lifeform suddenly cupped his stomach, it felt like his insides were knotting up. He released grunts of pain as he got up, trying to sooth the discomforting feeling in his stomach. Sonic slightly grinned.
 "I'll take that as a yeah Shads.