Detention

You walk down the hallway looking angry, it wasn't your fault you wound up in detention. Emily was the one who wouldn't stop taunting you.

You could hear her annoying high pitched voice so clearly now, calling you a freak, a loser. It's not like you hadn't been called these things before, but today, for some reason, you decided to let out an extra dose of rage.

"Could you just shut the hell up!" you replayed the moment in your mind. The entire class had gone silent, and it was clearly out of shock. You were the infamous, mysterious quiet girl. Since when did you publicly tell people off?

You let out an audible sigh as you turned the corner. The door to the detention room stared you down from the end of the hallway, giving the same look as a disappointed mother may give their child.

You were halfway down the dimly lit hallway when you heard someone call your name. You turn around, seeing your boyfriend running towards you. He looked drained and out of breath, and it made you wonder how far he had run to get to you.

"Teo, what are you doing here? You know I have detention right?" You say, sounding confused.

"Alyvia told me what happened, and well I didn't want you to suffer through detention alone so...here I am," He tells you, giving his signature dorky smile.

You roll your eyes, as you laugh, "Thank you, but you really don't have to," you exclaim.

"Of course I do," He replies.

He takes your hand, you felt the comfort of his touch and then suddenly the hallway felt much smaller.

"Now let's go," He says as he drags you down the hall.

You had never been in the detention room before, it was a mess. Each corner of the room was occupied with a filing cabinet, which were all overflowing with paperwork. The teacher, who was an older man who you had never seen before sat at a desk in the front of the room. There were only two other students in the room, both of them sat at a desk sorting through papers.

"I assume you two lovebirds are here for detention?" The old man asked, pointing to your interlocked hands.

You gave the teacher your names and he ordered you to begin sorting the endless stacks of paper that filled the small classroom.

You sorted through the mess of papers for about an hour. You and Teo occasionally exchanged silly, flirty glances considering you weren't supposed to be talking. Eventually you heard a loud snoring noise coming from the teachers desk. God, you didn't know a person could sound like an electric pencil sharpener.

"Hey!" You whispered yell, nudging Teo and pointing at the snoozing old man.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Teo smirked, raising his eyebrows. The look on his face made your stomach flutter with butterflies.

"God yes, I'm so sick of looking at these papers." You say quietly, as you reach for your backpack.

Teo's face lights up as he grabs his things, then your hand, and you two quietly exit the classroom.

The sun outside was beginning to fade away, making the sky above a beautiful shade of pink. The late September evening was chillier than you expected, making you shiver in your short sleeved T-shirt.

"Love, are you cold?" Teo asked as he placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, a little but I'll be okay," you replied.

"No, here, take my jacket." He said, quickly taking his jacket off and draping it around your shoulders. It was soft, fluffy, and smelled just like him, it instantly warmed you up.

"But I don't want you to be cold." You say frowning.

Even in the twilight you could see every detail of Teo's face. The blush creeping up his cheeks, the smile lines when he smiled, the way the edges of his eyes crinkled up when looked down at you smiling.

Teo wrapped his arm around your shoulders, "See, I won't be." He exclaimed.

You giggled and looked down at the sidewalk.

"What?" You heard Teo questioned playfully.

He brought his hand underneath your chin, tilting your head upwards. His brown eyes examines your face, making you an anxious mess.

"Nothing, nothing, you're just-" You decided that actions spoke louder than words and locked your lips together, his touch warming you up more than any jacket could. You leaned into him, hoping that he couldn't hear how fast your heart was racing.

After the two of you broke apart you said "Come on, let's go home."

The walk to your house was short but having Teo by your side made it feel even shorter, and when you reached your house you could feel your heart literally sink.

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways," You sigh, turning to face him on your doorstep.

"Don't worry, you'll see me tomorrow, and the day after that, and the one after that..." He reassured you, placing his hands on the railing of steps and leaning over you.

"That won't stop me from missing you." You pout, kissing him on his lips.

Teo pulls you in a hug, and squeezes you tightly.

"Hopefully this will be enough to hold you over," He whispers into your ear, causing your heart to explode. You rested your head on his chest while he held you.

Teo pressed a short but sweet kiss to your forehead, and unraveled your arms from his.

"Goodnight, darling" Teo mumbled, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Goodnight." you reply, turning the doorknob.

As soon as you entered your house you raced to your room, tossed your things on the floor, and collapsed onto your bed.

It pains you to say this but you were honestly so glad you had gotten detention.