Nicholas Flamel

Dumbledore had convinced Jungkook not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and for the rest of the Christmas holidays the Invisibility Cloak stayed folded at the bottom of his trunk. Jungkook wished he could forget what he'd seen in the mirror as easily, but he couldn't. He started having nightmares. Over and over again he dreamed about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, while a high voice cackled with laughter.
"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Yoongi, when Jungkook told him about these dreams.
Jimin, who came back the day before term started, took a different view of things. He was torn between horror at the idea of Jungkook being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row ("If Filch had caught you!"), and disappointment that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.
They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Jungkook was still sure he'd read the name somewhere. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks.
Jungkook had even less time than the other two, because Quidditch practice had started again.
Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. The Mins complained that Wood was becoming a fanatic, but Jungkook was on Wood's side. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years. Quite apart from wanting to win, Jungkook found that he had fewer nightmares when he was tired out after training.
Then, during one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Wood gave the team a bit of bad news. He'd just gotten very angry with the Mins, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.
"Will you stop messing around!" he yelled. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"
Min Hoseok really did fall off his broom at these words.
"Snape's refereeing?" he spluttered through a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."
The rest of the team landed next to Hoseok to complain, too.
"It's not my fault," said Wood. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."
Which was all very well, thought Jungkook, but he had another reason for not wanting Snape near him while he was playing Quidditch. ...
The rest of the team hung back to talk to one another as usual at the end of practice, but Jungkook headed straight back to the Gryffindor common room, where he found Yoongi and Jimin playing chess. Chess was the only thing Jimin ever lost at, something Jungkook and Yoongi thought was very good for him.
"Don't talk to me for a moment," said Yoongi when Jungkook sat down next to him, "I need to concen-" He caught sight of Jungkook's face. "What's the matter with you? You look terrible."
Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Jungkook told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
"Don't play," said Jimin at once.
"Say you're ill," said Yoongi.
"Pretend to break your leg," Jimin suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Yoongi.
"I can't," said Jungkook. "There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all."
At that moment Namjoon toppled into the common room.
How he had managed to climb through the portrait hole was anyone's guess, because his legs had been stuck together with what they recognized at once as the Leg-Locker Curse. He must have had to bunny hop all the way up to Gryffindor Tower.
Everyone fell over laughing except Jimin, who leapt up and performed the countercurse. Namjoon's legs sprang apart and he got to his feet, trembling.
"What happened?" Jimin asked him, leading him over to sit with Jungkook and Yoongi.
"Malfoy," said Namjoon shakily. "I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice that on."
"Go to Professor McGonagall!" Jimin urged Namjoon. "Report him!"
Namjoon shook his head.
"I don't want more trouble," he mumbled.
"You've got to stand up to him, Namjoon!" said Yoongi. "He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."
"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that," Namjoon choked out.
Jungkook felt in the pocket of his robes and pulled out a Chocolate Frog, the very last one from the box Jimin had given him for Christmas. He gave it to Namjoon, who looked as though he might cry.
"You're worth twelve of Malfoy," Jungkook said. "The Sorting Hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn't it? And where's Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin."
Namjoon's lips twitched in a weak smile as he unwrapped the frog.
"Thanks, Jungkook... I think I'll go to bed. ... D'you want the card, you collect them, don't you?"
As Namjoon walked away, Jungkook looked at the Famous Wizard card.
"Dumbledore again," he said, "He was the first one I ever—"
He gasped. He stared at the back of the card. Then he looked up at Yoongi and Jimin.
"I've found him!" he whispered. "I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here — listen to this: 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel'!"
Jimin jumped to her feet. He hadn't looked so excited since they'd gotten back the marks for their very first piece of homework.
"Stay there!" he said, and he sprinted up the stairs to the boys' dormitories. Jungkook and Yoongi barely had time to exchange mystified looks before he was dashing back, an enormous old book in her arms.
"I never thought to look in here!" he whispered excitedly. "I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading."
"Light?" said Yoongi, but Jimin told him to be quiet until he'd looked something up, and started flicking frantically through the pages, muttering to herself.
At last she found what he was looking for.
"I knew it! I knew it!"
"Are we allowed to speak yet?" said Yoongi grumpily.
Jimin ignored him.
"Nicolas Flamel," he whispered dramatically, "is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!"
This didn't have quite the effect she'd expected.
"The what?" said Jungkook and Yoongi.
"Oh, honestly, don't you two read? Look — read that, there."
He pushed the book toward them, and Jungkook and Yoongi read: