Would You Dance With Me?

Noelle was sitting at the table, her mind wondering how long they'd have to wait until the dance finally starts. While there, she couldn't stop admiring the decoration, everything seemed like they were in a castle, even though it was only the hall where they had their everyday meals in the Black Bulls' hideout.

   She didn't like this idea at first, but since she couldn't argue about it, she made sure everything would be stunning. It was her who helped with it, she suggested the color palette and how everything would be placed, so perfection wasn't really a surprise.

   She was pleased of how well her dress suited her body, it was like Noelle had gone back to her days living at the Silva's castle. It was light blue and there was a bit of glitter on the skirt part and on the off-the-shoulder sleeves, just like all the other dresses the bridesmaids were wearing.

   Grey was sitting right next to her, the dress was even better on her since it matches the color of her hair. Gauche was sitting at her other side, he had one arm resting on her shoulder and her head had fallen against his chest as they were waiting for the dance to start. On Noelle's left side, Asta was busy talking with Luck about something she couldn't quite hear because of the noise everyone around them were making.

   The hall only got quiet when the music stopped and the color of the lights changed, which meant that the bride and the groom were coming, and so it was announced. The door on the other side of the hall opened and they both headed together to the center, staying in position for when the music starts to play. Charlotte was magnificent, somehow prettier than at the wedding ceremony. Her hair, which was previously tied up in a fancy bun, now part of it was loose while the other was tied into a small bun at the back of her head, wrapped in a braid. Yami stayed the same, but it was clear for everyone how happy he was, he seemed to be glowing with ecstasy.

   The music started and so did the dance. Everyone got up from their seats and formed a circle around them. They were so graceful dancing together, it seemed like they were stepping in clouds. Yami had sure been practicing day and night to be able to dance like that, she remembered how it was on the rehearsals, poor Charlotte had her feet stepped on many times before Yami could keep the pace, and now he was finally taking the lead.

   After the first dance, there'd be a second one where they'd dance with all the bridesmaids and groomsmen. She was feeling a little worried about it because she wouldn't be dancing with just anyone, her partner had to be Asta.

   Actually, she had only herself to blame for that. When Charlotte asked her if I'd be okay for her to have him as her dance partner, she said yes. She wanted to prove to herself that everything was in the past, that now she only thought of Asta as her friend and nothing more, and saying no to that would only mean that she hasn't forgotten about what happened last year. Now she only had to face the consequences of her choice and get through this night.

   The rehearsals were a nightmare, not only because Asta was hard as a wooden stump when it comes to dancing, but also because it was difficult not to notice him. He had changed a lot in only one year, he had now gotten taller than her, his arms were stronger, he had a more matured face but there was still an innocent look in his eyes, and it was hard not to stare at his abs showing through his shirt everytime the practice was over and they were all sweating.

   Just as she finished her thoughts, the first music was over and all the groomsman and bridesmaids went to their position on the center, including Asta and her. He gently took her hand and guided her along with the others.

   — Are you ready? — he asked her.

   — I think so. — she let out a shy smile. — You?