Chapter 1

Today was Maya's first day at Westbrook, she'd always gone to all girl private schools, so this wasn't new to her. When she first entered she went straight to the office, not acknowledge the eyes following her.

"Hello Mrs. Thomas, I'm Maya Stellar." she said, trying to make a good impression on her first day of school. "Maya, just the young lady I was expecting, please have a seat." Mrs Thomas said in a peppy voice.

She looked through Maya's school file and looked impressed. "Straight A student, you play basketball, volleyball, you were in student council, and you love to volunteer on the weekends, above all your an absolutely lovely person, have you thought about joining our basketball team?"

" That's actually why I came here." Maya smiled. "Can I tell you something, it's a secret." Mrs. Thomas hesitantly nodded her head, why would she come to this school just to play basketball? "My biological father is Marvyn Korn." Mrs Thomas was shocked, this well behaved girl was Marvyn's daughter.

"Yep, my full name is Maya Stellar-Korn and I want to join the basketball team." Mrs. Thomas nodded her head and gave her directions to the gym.

Although she received directions, she still couldn't find her way. She spotted a girl with blue eyes and brown hair. "Hey, I'm Maya Stellar and I wanted to ask you if you could help me find the gym." Maya asked with a friendly smile.

"Sure, you trying out for the basketball team?" They started on their way walking. "Yes, I'm kind of excited to meet the coach." she smiled. "We'll I guess you're in luck since I'm his daughter." Maya stopped walking and Emma turned back confused.

Maya pulled her to the side, " He's my dad too." Emma just looked at her in shock. "How old are you" Emma asked uneasily. "17 years old" Maya replied. Emma then looked at Maya more closely and realized they really did look alike aside from the hair and the skin color. Emma hugged her, " I've always wanted a sister" Emma squealed.

Emma took Maya's hand and they ran to the gym and bust the doors wide open, causing the team to look at Emma, then Maya. The first one to say something was Marvyn, "Is everything okay and who is she?" he asked as he analyzed her.

"We need to talk to you in your office dad." said Emma dragging Maya with her. "Wonder what that was about." Louise said. " You think she wants to join the team?" Samantha asked still looking to her direction. "Who knows, she's pretty though." said Destiny. Meanwhile in the office. "Sit both of you." Marvyn said. "What did you want to tell me?" "Well-" Maya started. "She's my sister." Emma finished.