Prologue

It was nearing the Winter Holidays at Hogwarts, and Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, was currently sitting in his 5th-year DADA class. As Professor Umbitch was lecturing on the theory of the use of the Disarming Charm, Expelliarums, which was really boring, Harry currently couldn't help but let his mind wander.

Harry's POV

'I'm getting tired of this,' Harry was thinking, 'All this theory and not an ounce of practical work. We learn next to nothing and she thinks that we can pass our owls. It's only thanks to DA that a lot of the kids will be able to pass this year.

'If there was only some kind of way to get rid of her. . . A spell? Nope can be countered. Potion? Snape can easily brew a cure, so that's out of the book. Curse? And get in trouble if I somehow get caught and it was seen as dark, no way. The Weasley Twins? Maybe if I add Peeves to the mix.

'I mean I am the Son of a Marauder, God-Son to another, and Honorary Nephew to another. I got to have the prankster talent hidden, deep, deep, deep, deep, down, down, down, dow-'

"POTTER!" yelled Professor Umbitch.

" Yes, Professor," I replied in a bored tone, ignoring how now all of the class was staring at me.

"Since you seem to be bored over there, what are three uses of the Disarming Charm?" Umbitch said smugly, thinking that she was about to get one over me. And by the smirks on the faces of our Snakey Residents, they thought so as well.

'Well be prepared to get a shock of a lifetime,' I thought before replying out loud, "The Disarming Charm, Expelliarums, can be used to:

"A. Make anyone drop what they are holding, whether it is a wand or another object.

"B. With enough power behind the charm, a magical being could knock a person off their feet.

"C. Can be used in a duel to distract an opponent or used in a spell chain. Many magical beings would put up a shield or dodge Expelliarums, therefore, making them available for any other spells you could throw at them in their moment of vulnerability.

"Is that all, Professor?" Throughout my explanation of the uses of the Disarming Charm, you could clearly see Umbitch turning from red to blue, and finally purple in her anger at my knowledge and not being able to catch me off guard. The final result makes her look like an ugly purple toad, in ugly pink clothes. A sight that could power many Patronuses in years to come.

"An acceptable answer, Mr. Potter. 3 points to Gryffindor," was her very stiff, curt reply. At that moment it was time for class to end. As we packed up, Umbitch told us that our homework was to write a foot-long essay on the Disarming Charm, including its uses, history, and the theory of casting it.

I left DADA with a grin on my face and a plan forming inside my mind.