Part 2

My attempts to drive her away did not produce any good results. In the end, I let her stay in the vacation house that was prepared for me the week before, occupying the room right next to mine.

"Why are you so obsessed with spending this vacation together with someone you barely know?"

She put down the iced tea that she's enjoying. Yarrah looked at me, her eyes glittering faintly from the light that was hitting it. She's about to say something when her phone suddenly rings.

"Yes, this is she?," she confirmed, holding the phone to her ear. She glanced at me and then stood up to continue talking in a safe distance from me so that I won't be able to hear what the call is all about.

When she was done, she came back and took her iced tea again. "Uhm, what are you saying again?"

I frowned at her and sighed. "Nothing. Don't mind it."

Before I could hear any reply from her, I stood from my seat and left her alone to have some sleep inside my room. She tried to call me again but I am not interested in swinging another look at her face.

"Young Master," the caretaker called to me when he saw me walking.

"What?"

"We're done preparing everything that the madam asked us to—"

"My mother?"

The caretaker lowered his head.

"Know that I'll behave however I want. Tell this to my mother, don't bother."

I spent the rest of the day sleeping. When I woke up, it was already seven in the evening and someone was making a fuss in the kitchen. Clanging of kitchen tools can be heard from the place and there's a slight smell of burnt food hanging in the air.

"You...what are you doing?" I asked.

"Cooking?"

She innocently smiled at me as she raised her hand holding the soup ladle.

"Are you using that... to fry something?," I said after noticing what she was trying to cook.

The whole place looks like a warzone. Plates are everywhere so as the peeling of potatoes and carrots and other vegetables she prepared. The stove looks like the center of the mess with half of the pan's content scattered around it, leaving only half of it clean.

"Are you...no, don't mind. Just abandon this place as quickly as you can."

She tried to protest but I shoved her away from what she was doing and turned off the stove.

I pointed at the corner and looked at her stained apron. "Stand there," I demanded as I took the ladle from her hand.

Like a child being chided, she quietly stood to where I told her. With that, I quickly started cleaning the place that she almost wrecked.

"Can't you have someone clean that—"

"I don't like it when someone touches my things."

I gave her a sharp glare as I continued wiping the soy sauce stains on the table.

"Be glad that I allowed you to stay here. Normally, I do not permit people to step into my territory."

She turned quiet after that, making me not realize that there was someone standing in the corner until I finished cooking until she spoke.

"Can I..."

"What?"

"Why do you keep asking 'what?' with that scary face, are you angry?"

I frowned at her. Am I angry? But I am not. I sighed.  From her point of view, I must be a scowling maniac.

"Get a plate and spoon if you want to eat."

"Can I?"

"Do I need to repeat what I said?"

"No! No...of course not."

She ran to the cabinet to take a plate and dined with me. By the looks of it, there's no problem if the food is according to her taste because she's enjoying it down to the last drop of sauce.

"Thanks for the meal." She burped and massaged her stomach. "Haa...I'm full, really full. Can I eat that everyda—"

"No."

Her jaw dropped when I declined.

"I can cook other things. Not only that."