Sophie 22

Bev and I spend more money on clothing and cheesy souvenirs.  I buy Lucas one of those dancing hula girls for his car, even though he wouldn't be caught dead with it in his i8.  I will save it for a gag gift.  I also bought him a Hawaiian shirt that will go nice with his dark coloring.

I don't know when I will give them to him.  Maybe next May on his birthday.  Right now I just want to avoid him.

I made a fool out of myself.  I shouldn't have told him that I have feelings for him other than friendship.

He's probably trying to think of how to get rid of me right now.  He couldn't even bring himself to kiss me back!  How can he want to have sex with me and not want to kiss me?

It's because my face is repulsive to him!  That's why.  I knew that, but I forgot.  I forgot that he doesn't think that I am pretty.

I remember now.  I remember how he looked at me the first time he saw me.  

I remember now, and I won't forget again.

In the evening we all go out to dinner.  I wear my oldest clothes because I don't want him to think that I am trying to get his attention, and I wear my hair down to hide behind.

We sit at a round table at a beach café and Luke plays the gentleman and holds my chair out for me.

"Thank you."  That's the first thing I've said to him since this morning.  He takes the chair next to me with Bev on his other side.

Through dinner I let the conversation swirl around me as I pick at my chicken and rice.  

"Sophie, are you feeling well?  You're not eating."  Bev asks me.

I look up at her, realizing that conversation has stopped.  "I'm fine, Bev.  Just a little tired from shopping, I guess."

"You'll want to go to bed earlier tonight then."

"Yes, I probably will."

"Maybe we should return to the hotel now then?"  Lucas begins to get up.

"No!  Please finish your dinner.  I'm fine."  He looks at me like he doesn't believe me, but sits back down.

I make a little bit more effort to eat.

Once everyone is finished we get up to leave.  Lucas touches my shoulder on the pretext of guiding me through the tables on the way out.

"I'm fine, Lucas."

He just lifts an eyebrow at my tone.

When we get back to our suite I excuse myself and go to my room.  I strip off my clothes and take a shower.

Tomorrow is our last day here and I am going to make the most of it.  I am going to go find someone on the beach to spend the day with.

If Luke doesn't want to kiss me, I will find a guy who will.

I am out the door before anyone else is up.  I leave a note for Bev to let her know I will be on the beach and then I am gone.

As luck would have it, I find a family up the beach with a couple of sons my own age.  They are visiting from Indiana, which is over two thousand miles away from where I live in Oregon.  I will probably never see them again, but we hit it off and have a great day together.

I hope Lucas is happy that I left him alone.  He won't have to worry about me trying to kiss him today.  Tim and Tyler are twins and are twenty years old.  Their sister Sarah is sixteen and beautiful.

We have a blast swimming in the ocean and chasing each other with sea weed.  At one point Tyler caught me and acted like he was going to shove the sea weed in my face, but stopped at the last moment and kissed me instead.

"That's not how you do it Bro."  Tim comes up behind Tyler and takes me in his arms and lays a good one on me.

Well!  At least I can say that I have been soundly kissed!  The only problem is that when I come up for air, there is an angry face looking at me from over Tim's shoulder.  

"Sophie. it's time to come back for dinner."  Snaps a shirtless Lucas.