Chapter 27.

_____________

_____________

Stiles lowered Alex gently to the floor, keeping his hand at the back of her head; his eyes coated with tears he wouldn't dare blink.

Alex was fine, she had to be okay

"What happened?" Scott asked

"She passed out.. I think.. I hope"

All he could think about was Lydia's premonition, what if it was right? What if Alex was meant to die.

Stiles held her cheek, "come on.. you have to wake up"

The double doors of the library flew open. Lydia malia, Isaac and Derek ran in.

Before any questions could be asked, before they could even glance up at Scott; they all came to a stop, all eyes landing on the unconscious girl.

"Stiles" Isaac muttered,

Lydia ran over to Alex's side, she dropped to the floor "what happened to her?"

Stiles looked to Lydia, his eyes coated with tears "it had her, it had her in its grip"

"No.. no" Lydia shook, her voice trembling "no I was wrong. I had to be wrong"

"Please.. please" stiles whimpered, his hand moving hair from her face.

Stiles couldn't bare to imagine a life without Alex, the only girl to ever love him, to love every part of him.

Stiles didn't know a life without her, he could never bare the thought, not for a second

"Scott" Isaac noticed

"I had to" Scott uttered "I couldn't let it get me"

"Scott, you have to heal. If your eyes stay like this much longer, the damage is gonna be permanent." Derek explained

"I can't.. I just- Alex is.. god I-.." Scott panicked

Stiles pressed two fingers against the spot on Alex's neck, and he only hoped he was doing it wrong because there was nothing to be felt.

"Oh god" he choked out, "I can't..- there's nothing there"

Lydia choked back a sob, she so desperately wanted to be wrong. Alex was so certain on surviving, she refused to talk about what would happen if she didn't.

"Be quiet" Derek shushed them.

He listened closely. He too was desperate to hear a heart beat. He needed to hear a heart beat.

*Ba bump*

There it was! It was faint but it was there.

"I can hear something"

"If her heart is beating, why the hell isn't she waking up?" Isaac asked,

Stiles cried quietly, desperate to see her brown eyes.