𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 

-𝑪.𝑴

MERCEDES WAS AND IS STILL NEVER FOND OF THE OCEAN, yet the waves crashing against her made the de Silva woman stronger, she tied her past around an anchor and let it drop into the eternal void of the ocean, cutting its chains off in the process of that—for if she never did, her past will remain holding her forever. 

Another year passed by her like a comet, a fruitful year of healing herself from the wounds of the past. Accepting wasn't an easy task, but the wounds forged her into what she is now, and she proved to everyone she'd defy the odds. 

As the glass door opened, it flung the wind that whispered in her ear as if it is telling her its deepest, darkest secrets. She had her own skeletons in the closet yet it was already open and there was no way of closing it anymore—she just learned how to live with it.

The water crashed against rocks in the distance and seagulls squawked overhead, the crisp and salty air of November slightly brushed up against the woman as she stepped outside their rest house, her hand hanging on Alfie Solomons' arm, a bouquet of white ranunculus on the other. 

Mercy could hear her heart stumbling over its own rhythm, hands trembling with excitement. Another gust of wind blew over them, little strands of her hair swaying in the air. A twirling path of water is illuminated by the smoldering sun, which appears to be slowly sinking into the waters below. It cast a scorching red hue over the cirrus clouds and the gentle waves of the sea.

"Just say 'ta word and we'll fuckin leave, aye?" he said in a hushed, serious tone, his gaze falling over the woman beside him, Mercy let out a small chuckle and playfully rolled her eyes, "No one's leaving, Mr. Solomons," she replied with a smile despite the churning sensation in the pits of her stomach. 

"Give me a wink if ya wanna runaway, yeah?" Alfie continued yet a smirk was etched on his face as his grip on the cane tightened. "If you think about it, if I did run away, he'd definitely flip the entire world to find me, no?" she laughed at the silly thought but she would never dare, for this is the day she has been waiting for so long, the day she never knew will finally come. 

"Not unless I break his neck or something," he shrugged his shoulders, making Mercy furrow her eyebrows, "Alfie!" 

"What, woman?"