35 ;; together

November was on its way out by the time John and Paul returned to school with their newly mending relationship. It was particularly cold on that Monday morning, and John made the trip to the usual meeting spot huddled in a coat and scarf, squinting against the biting air; the song assignment for their music class was due today, and he was particularly antsy about the ordeal. They luckily didn't have to perform it at assembly like they had to last time, only having to do so in front of the teacher - John was glad for that. The song he'd made felt much too personal.. he didn't want to perform it to a bunch of people who didn't know who he really was. Paul didn't even know about it yet, and it was in part about him. He was curious to know what he'd come up with as well. Would his partner have had some influence in it? Or was it something he made pretty much by himself?
By the time he made it to their spot, he was puffing slightly, breath visible in the bleak, chilly air - he was the last to arrive again, and they all greeted him happily but were obviously eager to get going and out of the cold. John's gaze immediately latched onto Paul when he saw him standing beside George.

The younger boy had a thick black scarf up to his chin, brows furrowed slightly as he continuously rubbed his hands together to try and warm them; his long lashes framed his hazel-green eyes, strikingly dark against his pale skin that seemed even more pallid more due to the cold, though his cheeks and nose were flushed pink along with the tip of his ears; his ebony hair was swept aside with only a little bit of grease, and John preferred it that way - looking more natural. When their gazes met, there was silence for a few long, tense seconds before Paul sent him a shy smile, unable to hide the pleased sparkle in his eyes. John's heart bounded suddenly in his chest, and he did nothing to stop his grin taking form in return. He was happier than ever that things were good between them again. Finally, the stony silent treatment and fights were over. They hadn't seen each other since that day at Menlove Avenue, and now all he wanted to do was snog the life out of him; though he decided to keep his feelings to himself until there was ample opportunity.

"Is somethin' going on here that you're not tellin' us?" George butted in. Him and Ringo were watching them both with curiosity and barely contained excitement, and the auburn-haired boy remembered suddenly that they didn't know that they'd talked to each other and made up. The fact that they were so invested in their relationship was comforting, of course, but albeit a little embarrassing.

"No. Nothing." Paul shrugged, passive as ever, though his fingers brushed the back of John's hand in a way that told him he did so intentionally - the two shared one last knowing, giddy look before they set off in the direction of their school, saying nothing more on the matter. To avoid constant pestering from their friends, John brought up the assignment that was due. They talked excitedly about it, and John learned that George and Ringo had come up with a song named 'Octopuses' Garden' (which, to him, sounded exceedingly peculiar, but he was intrigued nonetheless) and Paul's was 'Here, There and Everywhere', which he'd made nearly completely by himself. Strange how both him and John, when partnered with other people, end up making songs by themselves. Nevertheless, he was very much eager to hear Paul's.
They made it to school just in time to prepare for their music class first period, where they all performed their songs for Mr Martin - they were to get their results at the end of the week, though John didn't mind much as long as he got a C. Martin had seemed pretty impressed enough with his song, though, which made him feel at least a bit better about his chances.

The four of them met up again at lunchtime, and John was putting his books away in his locker, his friends surrounding him as they chatted idly when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and was mildly surprised to be met with the sight of Stuart, standing there somewhat awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. He glanced at his friends for a few seconds - George and Paul were too deep in their discussion about some new Eddie Cochran single to notice either of them, and Ringo had already taken out a sandwich he'd packed and was beginning to eat it. He turned back to Stu, placing a hand on his shoulder before he guided him away a little bit, out of earshot.