Iridescent

Author: backto541

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (93 points)

Review:

Okay, I don't know what else to say about this except... Wow!

Impressed. Yes, I am. Very.

I enjoyed reading this one tremendously. I think I what excited me the most was when you said it was a paranormal thriller. I especially liked the romance that you threw in without really making it the main point of the story.

I'm just so sorry it took me forever to get to it... 😅 Darn life gets in the way.

Anyway, I'm ranting. Sorry, I tend to do that a lot when I'm over excited about something. Ha!

I did notice some minor punctuation errors, but if you're not hyper aware of those things like I am, it's not too noticable. It's easy to skim over those kinds of mistakes if you're engrossed in the story. Still, I'd recommend running it through a grammar checker to be safe.

I thought you did really great with the way you wrote your characters. We really connected with Lea and got to know her enough to feel everything that she went through. One thing that kind of got on my nerves was Nick and his overprotective nature, even when he barely knew her... Although, this might be my independent nature talking, so please don't take it too offensively. I just... Whenever I read about a male being overprotective like that, it just rubs me the wrong way. I don't find it amusing or cute or sexy or whatever else most people do, I just find it annoying. Especially since he was also borderline controlling at some points. But, my personal opinion aside, overall, I think your characters were likable (at least Lea's friends were) and well thought out. And there's some pretty unique names in there too, which is something else I like.

Your visualization was also really good! You really know how to set a scene. I like how you focus on all of the senses and not just some of them like some people do. *Ahem* *looks down sheepishly* That's something I need to work on myself...

The plot seemed well thought out and well executed, and your summary does its job in making us want to read your story. Well done!

Overall, I enjoyed this a great deal! One thing I hate though are cliffhangers, and you sure left us with a doozy... 😅 Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out to see if you make a sequel to see what happens next. 👀

Anyways, kudos, author, and keep up the great work! 😘