Chapter 7

"We'll really need to destroy this place," Junhong frowned at the thought. He looked at the brawl from the window. It was still going on, only this time, there were bits of fire in some places, and Hyuk had Miran and Changseok stuck together, using their robes to bind the two of them.

Mirae looked down. "It was them. They were behind this all along."

"I know," Junhong looked apologetically.

"We'll need to end them too," Mirae said without hesitation, but she was staring at the faces of her adoptive parents, both of whom looked slightly satisfied and at the same time horrified.

Junhong stared at her. "Are you sure?" he asked.

It pained Mirae to think about it. They were the ones who gave her a place to stay, a job, clothing, and food. She owed them a lot. She and Jihoon, owed them a lot. "Yes. I'll do it" she said.

The male nodded. "If need be," he said.

"I'm doing this for Jihoon too," She muttered.

"Prison? Or to your death?" Hyuk asked the two of them. Chanyeol knocked out the remaining thugs at the other side of the room. "Prison seems too light a punishment."

Miran and Changseok were cackling. "And you think death isn't? We don't need to be around for our plan to succeed. There will be others. You haven't finished us off entirely," Miran coughed as their robes tightened around her.

"Oh you would be surprised. We have our ways of finding the others," Hyuk glared at them.

"Ah, my child," Changseok grinned when Mirae appeared next to the telepath. "You have shown us how invulnerable you are to harm, now we're assured that we've made the right choice." his breathing was starting to get strained.

Mirae stared at them. "I was always invulnerable to harm, I always had these powers, it was why I was in that sanitarium in the first place," she said quietly. "You've given me a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat, a job, taught me what I know, allowed me to care for Jihoon," she picked up the bloodied katana on the ground.

"You've cared for me in your own way, even if it wasn't genuine," she swallowed. She went closer to them, her eyes glowing and welling with tears, both her hands on the katana. "But your lives are a sacrifice I could make for the millions of people out there, including Jihoon's," and tears streamed down her face as she plunged the blade into both of them.

Miran and Changseok squirmed and blood gushed out of their mouths. "We'll die knowing that we turned you into the person you were meant to be" Miran gagged as more blood gushed out of her mouth.

"A warrior, a fighter, a mercenary" Changseok smiled, and closed his eyes. The two of them went limp, and Hyuk and Chanyeol looked at Mirae, who covered her face as she sobbed.

Chanyeol pulled her into an embrace as Hyuk lowered their bodies onto the ground. "Guys? We have to leave, we have to leave now, this place is going to explode" Junhong said from the control booth. He hurried down to meet them as they ran out of the room.

~

San, Mirae, and Yunho exchanged looks as they got in the car. "So what do we do now? Should we go straight? Or do we stop and regroup?" San asked the two of them while fastening his seatbelt.

"I think we've fought off enough people today," Mirae said quietly. "But I can't go home knowing that the sanitarium is where we have to go...I can't do it," She stared at the steering wheel in front of her. She was trying to figure out who those masked men that attacked them were. She was certain she knew them, she could tell by the way they moved and the way they fought her. She just couldn't place who they were.