B - Bath

The sound of the water reverberated in the silent bathroom as Aizawa moved his leg. Other than that the only sounds in the empty space were his and your breathing. You sat on the marble end of the bathtub, fingers carefully tangled on his hair as you washed it.

For once he was glad for your insistence on getting the expensive apartment with the fancy bathroom.

The silence felt somewhat anxious, as they all felt in the last couple of days since the USJ incident. Your face carried a calm expression and a small smile as you massaged his scalp. With some resistance, it was hard to fight his desire to just close his eyes and fall asleep, he looked upwards at you. You hummed in acknowledgment of his eyes and he sighed and relaxed once more under your touch.

Still, the heavy silence brought to his eyes the images of your pained expression. The desperate pleas and "I love you"s that he could only hear but not answer in his hospital bed. He remembered the constant presence of your hand on him as he slept, as if you were afraid he would vanish.

He didn't like to make you suffer.

"I'm sorry," he whispered after a hard swallow. Face contorting for a millisecond.

"You have nothing to be sorry about."

He opened his eyes, yours held the dead calm of the still sea. This conversation had been hanging between you two for a while now.

"I never wanted to make you worry."

"I worry because I want to. You have no say in this."

He made to reply but you didn't let him. Eyes closing, you moved your hand from his scalp to his chest, fingers dipping in the lukewarm water, bringing your face closer to his.

"Listen, Shouta. This is part of our jobs, we both know. I know you love those kids and I'm proud of you, I'm proud of what you did. I worry because I love you and I love you because you are like this. I wouldn't have you any other way."

You opened your eyes again and he was suddenly reminded of what had attracted him to you in the first place. You moved your head lower and placed a kiss on his forehead. He closed his eyes, all muscles on his face softening as he brought his hands up to your arms. Suddenly it was like he let go of a breath he had been holding for far too long.