SEVEN

Inioluwa Afolayan

These past few weeks had been annoying thanks to a certain someone. She really ruined it for us s each time I tried getting back at her, it never worked. Like why does she have to be really lucky. This time, I decided to share news about her crush on Benson.

The issue was, since I started dating her brother she had been against it. I never asked her not to crush on Benson but she just had to try come between Tayo and I. Why?

I believed she was my best friend, she should understand. Even play boys has this particular girl that makes them fall in love again. So what if Tayo leaves me? The I'd move on to the next guy. University was still there and even after the university(College), there is still service and loads of time ahead of me.

If I fell for her brother, so what? If he dumped me and so fucking what?

It's not like she was entirely innocent, is she not also taking every opportunity she gets to hang out with Benson? She is literally pushing herself on the poor boy.

"Inioluwa, are you okay?" My mom asked me, I had even forgotten we were eating dinner sha. I just sat down there thinking about different things without touching my food.

"Yes ma". I replied her and quickly moved my plate closer. The amala was even getting cold sef.

"Good because you must finish that food and wash all those plates in the kitchen". She told me and I just nodded.

"Are you preparing for your exams? I heard it's next month". My dad asked me.

It's still next month, do I have to start reading now ni? This man should be calming down na, ah!

"See her, she won't reply! Anything you don't know you better tell that your Eri friend to help you". He said in a harsh way.

Here we go again, Eri! Must he always include Eri in everything? If he thinks she is that great couldn't he have just been her father? Is he not the worn that gave birth to me ni? I must take after one of them if not both sef.

"Eri,,,, I wonder how she entered this conversation again". I muttered.

"Is it your father you are talking to? Your father is talking to you and you are busy murmuring". My mom shouted at me.

It was so annoying that I pushed my food forward and left the dinning table. Whatever got into me, I did not know. Things like these are not taken lightly in my house, why did I have to do it?

"Inioluwa!! Omoyi ti wa baje ju(this child is now too spoilt)". My mom said but I've done what I did, no turning back.

"It's your food for one week you are playing with". She added.

I could hear my dad say something softly but I wasn't sure what he said. The next thing I knew was my door flew open and a dirty slap landed on my face.

The way tears were rushing down my face ehn and the way my ear was sounding, Jesus!

"Kneel down there. Gbemi, get me my belt". It was my dad. My mom rushed in immediately begging on my behalf but he wouldn't listen.

"Maybe she just was in a terrible mood". My mom tried convincing him.

"That's why she walked out on us abi? I will show her this is not American film abi is it Korean ni?" My dad was really angry while I was on my knees rubbing my hands together and begging him.