foreword

EXTENDED SUMMARY

"You say my name after every sentence."

"I like your name."

Her face grew hot. "It's a common name."

"But I like it on you," he replied. "Natalie."

*

Leon Hughes was a mystery masked by bruised cheeks and bleeding knuckles. 

He was a wraith, a shadow on the walls; sometimes there, sometimes gone. Never set in stone. He showed up when he showed up, with his face bleeding, his shirt torn, his skin blistered.

Natalie Chen played it safe. After being sent to an all-girls school for her entire life, boys are a mystery to her.

Until one day, Leon knocks on her door, bruised and bleeding and asking for help.

Natalie never knew when he'd come, but she'd always let him in.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

CONTENT WARNINGS

Strong language

Sexual references

Depictions of violence

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! Welcome to Bruised! This all began as a short story that I wrote for a Valentine's day competition which I'm now turning into a full-length story! I wanted to write a refreshing, high school story about first love with really youthful vibes. I really hope you guys like it!

I'm also trying something new and am planning to upload this story as I write so apologies for any periods of slow updates when uni hits.

Anyway, I really hope you guys love this story! Feel free to vote and comment to let me know what you think!

liv xx