Chapter 1: A New Beginning

"HELLO!"

You jumped in surprise, wincing at the loudness of the unknown being's voice. You barely had time to recover from your shock before you felt your feet lift off the ground as someone picked you up.

"Oh, are you my new friend? This is WONDERFUL! It's so positively amazing to finally meet you!"

Your captor spun you around in a circle as they hugged you tightly. It felt pretty different from a normal human hug, but that was the extent of what you noticed in your half-panicked state. Luckily, they put you down before you could say anything, but the encounter still left you dizzy. You blinked a few times in an attempt to recompose yourself before you looked up at the stranger.

You felt yourself become nervous as you noticed how his figure loomed above you. His head was shaped like that of a sun, with a large grin plastered onto it. His clothing was equally as bright and playful as his personality with pieces that hinted to something of a jester-esque style. You assumed this was the "Sun" animatronic the website had told you about before your arrival.

'Holy shit, are all of the robots here so tall?' You thought to yourself anxiously. If all of the animatronics were as tall as him, you were in for one HELL of a time.

You glanced over to your manager, Rebecca, who simply smiled in amusement at your reaction. This was probably a very usual occurance, but that didn't make you feel much better.
He seemed to notice your nervousness, as he quickly crouched down to match your height better.

"Rebecca told me I was going to get a new buddy to help out around the daycare!" His sunrays spun excitedly as he bounced back and forth. "You're (Y/N) (L/N), right?"

You laughed nervously, fidgeting with the hem of your work shirt. "Yep! That's... That's me!" Your gaze darted around various parts of the room as you tried to calm your nerves.

He clapped his hands together excitedly. "Ohoho, this is just AMAZING! We're going to have so much fun together! We can paint together, we can build together, we can play games together... Ooh, ooh! Maybe we can even have sleepovers!"

Rebecca, your manager, rolled her eyes playfully at his beaming enthusiasm. "Slow your roll there, Sundrop. Don't scare off the new recruit already." She meant this as a lighthearted tease, but Sun didn't seem to quite catch her joking tone.

He tensed up, immediately retracting slightly. "Right, right! I-I'm sorry!"

Rebecca shrugged it off, as if to let him know he didn't do anything wrong to begin with. She turned to you and smiled, patting you on the shoulder. "Well, I'll get goin' now. Good luck working with Sun! Lemme know if you have any questions."

All you could muster in response was a curt nod, your gaze fixated on the sunny robot. 'So, this is my new... coworker.' You hummed quietly to yourself.

Coming to this job was kind of on a whim, in all honesty. You were simply just scrolling through social media one day, as you usually did, when you came across an obnoxiously bright and flashy advertisement for "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Plex!" You curiously tapped on it and read through their available positions. There were quite a few openings, but the only one that really piqued your interest was the Daycare Attendant Manager. It's not that you particularly loved to work with kids or anything, it's just that if you were given the choice between working with adults or working with children, you'd MUCH rather work with the children. You genuinely didn't even think you'd get asked for a job interview as you typed up your resume, but clearly you were mistaken as they called within the next day asking you to come in. All of this led up to where you were now: Standing inside of a large playcenter with a freakishly tall jester-sunshine animatronic.

"So, uh... Mr. Sun?" You began.

He laughed. "No need to be so formal, friend! Just Sun is fine and dandy!"

You nodded your head slowly. "R-Right... Well, erm, Sun?"

He tilted his head at you. "Is everything alright, new friend?

"Oh, yeah! Everything- Everything's just fine!" You waved your hands dismissively in front of you. "I just, uh, wanted to know what I could do to help get set up for the day."

He stood upright fully, placing his hand on his chin as he thought to himself. "Hmmm..." He looked around the large daycare for a moment before his eyes landed on the art tables. "You can help me set up the art stations for today!"

You nodded before swiftly making your way over to the tables. You first examined the stacks of paper, shuffling them into their respective colors to make it easier to determine what needed to be restocked.

"Hmmm.. white printer paper and green and blue construction paper seem a bit low," you mumbled to yourself.

You made your way over to the storage closet behind the desk and opened it. "White, green, blue, white, green, blue..." you repeated to yourself as you examined the shelves. "Aha!"

Successful in your endeavor, you pulled out a stack from each color and returned, placing them down in their appropriate areas. "That's one problem done."

Satisfied with the little work you had done so far, you glanced over at Sun to see what he was doing. He busied himself with cleaning up some small messes here and there, mostly just random stickers or dried glitter-glue. You couldn't help but smirk in amusement as you took note of how his hips swayed as he hummed a tune that you couldn't quite hear from your current position. 'He really is just a ball of energy, huh?' It certainly made sense, seeing as how his entire purpose was to hang around kids all day, but it was still amusing nonetheless. You shook your head softly as you busied yourself with preparing the rest of the art supplies. As you placed down the last bottles of glitter glue, you stood back and examined your handiwork with pride.

"Not too shabby, if I do say so myself." You brushed your hands together.

"Wow, this looks GREAT!" Sun's ever-enthusiastic voice boomed suddenly to your left, causing you to squeak in surprise as you whipped around.

He flinched at your reaction, cowering slightly. "Oops! I'm so sorry, friend! I didn't mean to scare you!" He reached his right hand out to you before hesitating, unsure if he was allowed to touch you. You sighed, chuckling quietly.

"It's alright, Sun. I just didn't hear you come up behind me." You patted his outstretched hand with your own reassuringly.

He nodded, seeming relieved that he didn't upset you or do something wrong.

You smiled at him. "Thank you, though. I appreciate it."

He smiled brightly in return. "Of course, (Y/N)!" He ruffled your hair gently before he skipped away to clean something else.

You laughed as you fixed your hair. 'What an interesting fella.' You were certainly going to like it here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1,180 words

A/N: WOOOOOOO we did it!! We FINALLY started writing something for our boy!!! We're really excited to write this, so I hope everyone else enjoys it just as much. Feel free to give ideas for writing! Just know this story will NOT be very angsty at all, as we aren't really big fans of angst in general.

For the record, we're like 90% certain we're an OSDD-1B system, so our sign-offs will be based on whoever is fronting at the time of writing. Thanks for reading!! <3 ~Arcade🎮🕹️/Bee🌸