Another "Normal" Day

(hah- see what i did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

i woke up, but my alarm didn't go off... shit i'm late, it's monday! i got up and got dressed into my uniform. I worked at the local grocery store.. CashMart. I picked up my phone "5 new messages from Will" I tapped on his contact to see his random messages throughout the night... they were lyrics..

"i'm just a psycho babe!!"

"he wondered if christ conciseness would charge a cancellation fee..?"

"roots in the ground, or uploaded to the cloud"

"they should've fried me i'll give ya PTSD!!"

"knocking the pieces the fuck off the chess board insisting the she won the game.."

I responded back with the names of the songs.. it seemed he knew them well..

"2econd 2ight 2eer, BlackBoxWarrior, Euthanasia, 6up 5oh Copout (pro/con), and Thermodynamic Lawyer Esq. NJ!!"

I finished getting dressed and headed to my job. I sat at the register setting it up for the costumers. I saw a poster of the ICIMI logo on there advertising Mr. Woods concert... I was so excited to go!! I had payed almost 2 months worth of my paycheck from my job for his concert.. and I felt horrible not ever seeing what he looked like.. i guess i never thought about looking it up. Welp- don't wanna ruin the fun now!! I have to wait until the concert.

The place was quite empty, we didn't get many customers on Mondays.. a mysterious man with a hood walked in..

"hello welcome to CashMart!!"

he ignored me and walked on, i was used to it.. i grabbed my airpods and and put one in connecting it to my phone and playing one of wills songs.. it was Against The Kitchen Floor, this song was one of my favorites, it's so good!!

The man in the hood came back but this time with a cart and a few things like orange paper, pencils, some fruit, but there was something underneath the paper.. it was moving..

"what's that-"

a rat popped it's head out of the stack of papers...

"AAAH-"

The mysterious man laughs and removed his hood.. it was will..

"HEY!! that nearly gave me a heart attack!!"

"sorry!! hope you don't me bringing socrates with me.. he's kinda my emotional support animal- but pocket sized"

he jokingly winked at me and I laughed..

"nah it's fine.. just dont tell my boss!!"

I scooped up the rat and he climbed up my arm and sat on my shoulder.

"i- i'm dying of cuteness rn this is so adorable!!"

"he likes to do that a lot!!"

I laughed again picking up the rat and handing it to will

"i can hear your music yknow-"

"oh shoot is it that loud??"

"yeah- but it's fine that's a good song.."

"yeah it is!!"

I started to ring up his items, playfully grabbing socrates and pretending to ring him up to. He finished paying and i waved goodbye. He looked at the poster on the wall and turned around...

"you said you were gonna be at his concert right?"

"100%!!"

"meet you there then!!"

END OF CHAPTER

words: 525