𝐢𝐢𝐢. hostile conversations and heartbreaking interactions

CHAPTER THREE ,
hostile conversations and heartbreaking interactions

          Lillibaeth had finally fallen asleep — it was not a sound and pleasant sleep, pained moans and whines escaped her mouth as the horrors of her mind had finally found her again, but it was sleep

Daemon reluctantly left her with her two ladies-in-waiting with strict instructions that if she were to awake before he returned to send Abyl to find him and only him immediately. —— Guilt was an odd sensation that he rarely felt, if ever, but right now he was overcome with it as he sat on the Iron Throne waiting for his younger niece, Rhaenyra, and not by Lillibaeth's side.

The seat of power in the Seven Kingdoms belonged to his older brother, King Viserys. The Iron Throne was a sight of threat, a reminder to all in the Realm that the Targaryen's ruled absolutely above all, with its seat consisting of the swords of countless enemies melted together with the fire of Balerion. The years went on, and as new rulers sat in the throne, more and more were added, until the way it looked now — the different sized and misshapen deadly weapons like a carpet sprawled out over the long and narrow steps and was in the process of slowly making its way across the Great Hall — leading to an intimidating and impressive but equally ugly and asymmetric view of pure relentless power.

"He passed through the Red Keep's gates at first light after receiving word from myself of what was happening." Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Harrold Westerling informed the second born princess in on his actions after he and Ser Abyl Lash carried her older sister's limp body into the castle after finding her on the cobblestone pathways in the outer ward where she was known to frequent at night when she could not sleep.

Their hurried steps echoed off the empty halls as they made their journey side by side towards the daunting doors of the Throne Room trying to stay undetected by any of the many peering eyes that wandered the grounds.

"He's been here this entire time?" Shock was evident in Rhaenyra's voice at the revelation that Ser Harrold had sent a letter to the prince.

"Yes, princess — he has been in Princess Lillibaeth's chambers since arrival." He confirmed with a firm nod.

"I see.." She took in a deep sigh, guilt flooding through her at those words. Her eyes and body slumped in sorrow at the thought that she had yet to see her dear sister, "Has my father been alerted he's here?" Rhaenyra questioned him as she tried to regain her composure, looking around their surroundings when they came to where they needed to be.

"No."

"Good."

She thought back to the council meeting her father had with his hand, Otto, and his circle of advisers that she had just left from. Viserys had actively ignored the topic of the assault, going on and on about the upcoming seven day long tournament celebrating the birth of his child that he was certain was a male and his next heir.