Chapter 9

We Were Finally Discharged And Headed Home With The Girls. Since Roman Didn't Get Any Sleep, I Offered To Drive Home, But He Told Me No. Well...Whatever. On The Way Home, Roman Seemed Really Distracted.

"What's Wrong Babe?" I Asked. He Shook His Head.

"Nothing. Just Tired." He Said. I Rubbed His Back.

"Well When We Get Home, You Need To Shower And Get Some Rest." I Said.

"I Will." He Said. I Felt Like He Was Hiding Something, Or Had Something On His Mind, But He Wasn't Telling Me. I Shifted My Body And Began Looking Out The Window. I Hated Secrets, And If I Have To Find Out, Rather Then Him Telling Me; Then I'd Be Really Pissed. When We Got Home, Roman Headed Straight For The Shower, While I Gave The Girls A Warm Bath.

"Mommy I'm Hungry." Kaidence Said.

"Okay, I'll Make You Something To Eat." I Said. I Got Them Both Out Of The Tub, Dressed Them In Their Pajamas, And Took Them Downstairs. I Put Serenity In Her Swing, And Sat Kaidence At The Table. Since Her Throat Was Still A Little Sore, I Made Her A Simple PB&J Sandwhich With Some Chocolate Milk. While She Ate, I Sat Down And Fed Serenity. After They Ate, I Put Serenity In Her Swing Again, And Laid On The Couch With Kaidence Until They Both Instantly Fell Asleep. I Scooped Kaidence Up First And Took Her To Her Room, Then Serenity. They Both Were Sleeping So Soundly, And Now It Was My Turn. I Crept Downstairs And Into The Bedroom To Take A Shower, But I Noticed Roman Was Nowhere To Be Found. That's Strange. When Did He Find The Time To Leave? I Shrugged As I Took A Quick Shower, And Headed To Bed. I Called Roman Twice, But There Was No Answer. Umm Okay? He Has Been Acting Strange Ever Since This Morning, And Im Definitely Going To Get To The Bottom Of This Shit.

[TWO HOURS LATER]

"Mommy. Mommy I Want Some Juice." Kaidence Said, Waking Me Up From My Nap.

"Okay Baby." I Said. I Slowly Got Out Of Bed And Noticed Roman Next To Me Fast Asleep. He Sneaks Out And Then Sneaks Back In?? Red Flag! I Went To The Kitchen And Made Kaidence A Cup Of Juice, And Then Went To Turn Her T.V. On.

"Medicine Time." I Said. She Frowned.

"Noooo!" She Whined.

"Don't Argue With Me. Open Up." I Said. At First She Hesitated, But She Gave In.

"See. That Wasn't So Bad." I Said Kissing Her Cheek. I Sat Her Down And Went To Take Care Of My Other Baby. Serenity Was Wide Awake And Just Chilling In Her Crib.

"Hey Mommy Baby." I Said. She Smiled. She Looked Like Roman In The Face; Except Her Eyes Were Multi-Colored, And She Had Fatter Cheeks; Along With A Head Full Of Hair.

"You Look Like Your Daddy." I Said. She Wasn't Paying Me No Mind While I Changed Her Diaper. I Then Picked Her Up And Carried Her Downstairs To The Bedroom. I Laid Her In Her Swing And Got Back In Bed. I Glanced At Roman Who Was Still Fast Asleep, And Then Glanced At His Phone. I Didn't Want To, But I Had To. I Grabbed His Phone And Crept Into The Bathroom. He Had A Bunch Of Missed Calls From His....EX Wife?? Maybe Something Was Wrong With His Boys? I Don't Know. He Had Another Missed Call From An Unidentified Number And Massive Text Messages. I Wish I Knew The Code To See These Texts Cause He Barely Talked To Anybody, Especially His Ex-Wife. Something Gotta Be Going On With Them! It Better Not Be What Im Thinking Or Somebody's Going To Get It. Bad.