Time of waiting

I wake up with a new sense of will to keep going. I know I have to find Alex, and I will let no queen, no priss, no danger keep me from my friend. I'm the first up and I'm not surprised. I was always the first up.

I slip on my shoes and tidy my hair back into a ponytail, brushing it through with my long fingers through thick hair. I feel as though I've grown taller over night, or maybe it's just the feeling of new found confidence through a time when most would expect me to just lay down and take it. Though I'm not that person anymore.

I walk o ut of our makeshift shelter and go and find some good berries for us to eat and some water. Looking up at the sky I know that it's going to rain. "The weather sure has a sense of drama." I smile to myself and and return back to our camp by then the others are awake the Cheshire notices the berries and him and I cook making fried berries and we all put it on bread Nikki brought with. It's a good breakfast for the long day ahead.

We start walking again in silence after taking down our makeshift tent. I can't help but feel a little uneasy the closer we get to the Queen of Hearts, though she's more heartless then anyone else. When we get to the gates we notice two guards standing by the gate we all take each others hands and Cheshire goes invisible turning all of us invisible. We walk hand in hand to the gate and wait.