#3

A COUPLE HOURS LATER; it was almost time for dinner. At this point, Carmen had been around the whole school. She was walking around in the woods when she realised the time and decided she better walk back.

She had completely forgotten about her interaction with her roommate and Ajax, that was until she saw him. He was talking to another boy, he had long hair and was painting what seemed to be.. a mural. A very good one. She decided to go and talk to the long haired boy. It couldn't hurt right?

"Hey. I just wanted to say that your art work is very beautiful. You're extremely talented!" Carmen stated. The boy smiled at her, "Thank you so much. Actually, I don't think we've met before. I'm Xavier, This is A-" but Carmen cut him off.

"That's Ajax. We've met. I'm Carmen, I only started here today."

"Your first day? Who's showing you around?" Xavier questioned, looking around.

"Oh uh, no one is. I decided to figure things out for myself. Also because your friend Ajax here, turned down showing me around." Carmen told Xavier.

Ajax put his hands up in defense as Xavier gave him a look of disapproval. "Man come on! She's new. How could you turn her down?" Xavier asked his friend.

"Oh my god can people stop acting like i did something wrong? If i didn't want to show her around i didn't have to." Ajax said and sighed, startling Xavier.

"What is up with you man??" Xavier asked and signalled for Carmen to follow him as he walked away.

"Sorry about him.. he's normally really chill. I'll talk to him later." Xavier told Carmen.

"It's fine, you can't please everyone." Carmen shrugged.

"Have you made any friends yet? Apart from me, obviously." Xavier asked, grinning.

"So we're friends?" Carmen smiled back at him.

"You might not be able to please Ajax but you can totally please me all you want!" Xavier laughed.

"Oh really?" Carmen asked, trying not to laugh. The two walked off and Xavier showed Carmen to the dining hall.

She sat next to Xavier and girl she didn't know, her name was Bianca. She didn't really talk to Carmen, just stared at her.

"Me and Bianca used to date. Don't mind her staring, she's just jealous. She thinks i'm gonna get back with her. Don't worry Carmen, you still have a chance with me!! i'm not getting back with her so you can make a move now." Xavier smirked as he mentioned what was wrong with Bianca to Carmen. It made a lot more sense now to why Bianca couldn't keep her eyes away from the pair.

Though Carmen just blinked back at Xavier's remark. Now she really got to look at him properly, he was actually very attractive.

"Maybe i'll follow you up on that offer Xavier." she replied, refusing to make eye contact. He just smiled and started talking to Ajax, who was sat on the other side of Xavier.

Carmen watched them talk out of the corner of her eye. Xavier started to tell Ajax something but he immediately got up and walked off. He made quite a loud noise as he got up, hitting the table with his hands. It startled most of us sitting there.

"Xavier what's wrong with Ajax?" Bianca asked.

"Uh.. i'm not sure? He's been super weird today, with me and especially Carmen. He doesn't even know her and he's being so rude for no reason."

"Ajax is being rude..? He's never rude." Bianca told me and Xavier.

"I know he isn't. Something's up with him, i'm gonna go find out." Xavier said as he got up.

"Wait Xavier, can i come with you? I don't really want to be left here.. alone. I also want to try and talk to Ajax, mainly to find out his problem with me." Carmen asked. Xavier nodded and reached out his hand to help her up.

She took it and they walked off together, Bianca staring blankly at the two hand in hand.

AN:
hi! hopefully this chapter is good🫶🏻, i have a good plot line in store, but it's gonna take a bit to get there!!