5th Avenue

6 months ago, Aly and Den accidentally met at the famous 5th Avenue in New York City. Den was being followed by some unidentified thugs, she's scared as hell kaya napakabilis ng kanyang paglalakad kahit napakaraming tao na nakapaligid dito. She was about to cross the road ngunit may biglang humablot sa kanya kaya pabalik sa sidewalks and then everything went black.

Den woke up to the brightest light on top of her causing her to close her eyes again. She tried to sit up to make sure where she is right now but it made her feel more dizzy and let out a little whimper and touch her forehead while laying back down. All of a sudden, a tall lady went inside her cubicle with a bottle of water and some food on her hands which made Den more curious.

"Lord, sino na naman tong nasa harap ko? Have mercy on me pls." sabi ni Den sa utak niya. Di niya alam anong sasabihin niya sa taong nasa harap niya kaso kailangan niya naman alamin kung anong nangyari sa kaniya ngunit bago pa siya magsalita, naunahan na siya niyo.

"Hey miss, how are you feeling? Are you alright now? Do you need anything" sabi nito habang papalapit sa kanya.

"Ahm... Y-yes." mahinang sagot ni Den but enough for the lady to hear. "W-what h-appened t-to m-me?" she asked hesitantly.

"You don't remember anything?" the lady asked her. "Ohmy goodness! Wait, I'm gonna tell the nurse"

"HEY WAIT!" Den shouted which made the tall lady look at her with a creased forehead. "All I know is that some thugs were following me that's why I'm in a hurry but that's all I can remember... what I mean is, Why am I here? with you?"

"Oh, alright... I saw you walking in my direction and were about to cross the road not considering the busy street that's why I pulled you back and then there... you passed out in my arms in a second." The lady said which made Den sigh and closed her eyes. "I didn't know what to do... good thing the hospital is not that far."

"Oh good Lord, I really owe you my life." Den said. Nang maalis na ang pagkahilo, umupo siya para maayos niya makausap ang taong nasa harap niya "Thank you so much, miss..." she added as if she's asking for the lady's name.

"Oh right, Alyssa ng pala oh I mean I'm Alyssa..." the lady said with a half smile on her face.

On the other hand, Den was a bit shocked by the name... It's something familiar but she just shrug it off... and for another second, napagtanto niya na parang very pinoy ang pangalan nito.

"Wait, are you a Filipino?" she curiously asked.

"I am... Why?" Aly answered. Now, she's curious too.

"Kanina pa tayo english ng english eh pareho naman pala tayong pinoy haha!" Den absentmindedly said which made Aly's eyes widen. It never crossed her mind that the lady in front of her is a Filipino. From her looks, there's no way in hell she's a Filipina.

"I'm Dennise..." Den talked again that made Aly come back to her senses. "Hey, you alright?"

"Y-yeah. Pinoy ka talaga?" Aly unconsiously asked.

"Ahm yes? Look, I'm not manloloko if that's what you think of me but if you don--" dere-deretsong sabi ni Den but Aly cut her off.

"Oh I believe you. I'm sorry if I made you think that way. I didn't mean to be rude." Aly said. "It's just that you don't look like one. Not being racist or what--"

"Aight... Ahm, have you talked to the nurses or the doctor? When will I be discharged?" Den asked.

"Yeah, I talked to them already... We can go if you're feeling fine already." Aly answered.