the bastard prince

"Rhaenyra!", Daemon entered her chambers to meet with emptiness. It was still early in the morning, the Queen should be in her chambers.

After the coronation, Daemon took the king's chambers to himself even though they belonged to Rhaenyra and gave her the consort's chambers, the ones that Alicent used only a year ago. Now she was living in a small chamber that only contained a bed and a day bed, one window -which wasn't even opening because of safety issues and a small desk without any paper and ink. Rhaenyra argued to put some books in it but Daemon convinced her that Alicent's old allies could pass notes this way. So it was too forbidden.

"Where is the queen?", he hissed to the poor guards and maids in front of the door. "It is still early, why isn't she in her chambers?"

"The Queen went for a walk, your royal highness.", Ser Harold from afar, he had just stepped to the corridor and Rhaenyra was walking with him. She was wearing only her nightgown and a silk robe and her braids were messy.

"Like this?", Daemon asked while pointing out her outfit. "You went for a walk like this?"

"What is wrong with it? I am the Queen, I can wear whatever I want."

"Did Alicent wear whatever she wanted or did she dress like a Queen?", Daemon looked at her with distaste. "I'll give her that, common whore or not, she knew at least how to act like a queen. Maybe I should allow you to talk with her, you can learn a thing or two."

"I am quite comfortable with that outfit. Also it's still quite early Daemon-"

"Yes and that's another issue. What were you doing that early?"

"I went on a walk before everybody woke up."

"Why?"

"Because then I will have to work.", Rhaenyra rolled her eyes and they all heard the jaw-clenching sound of Daemon.

"I want to find you in your chambers whenever I want."

"I am not your consort Daemon.", she was harsh for the first time. "I am the Ruling Queen myself. You cannot find me wherever you want like I am some kind of a trophy. I will do whatever I want to do and you will learn to respect it. I don't want you near my chambers this early ever again. Do not disturb my walk.", Rhaenyra gave him the cold shoulder and entered her chambers leaving everyone in discomfort.

Daemon especially looked very surprised. "Where was she?", he asked Ser Harold directly.

"On a walk, your highness."

"And why you were with him and not some other kingsguard?"

"I am the Lord Commander, it is my duty to obey our queen."

"Did you obey her when she told you to fuck her?", Daemon asked nonchalantly while the maids and Ser Ryam looked down with shock.

"I beg your pardon?", Ser Harold barked as he turned red with anger. "You mistook us with your wretched gold cloaks boy, white cloak means honour. We swore a vow and we follow it."

"I know what honour is-"

"Even the rats in the Red Keep has more honour than you.", Harold snapped and Daemon took a step back.

They examined each other for a few seconds.

Daemon was a mediocre fighter. Sure better than most but nothing exceptional. Criston Cole defeated him countless times, Harwin Strong beat him, and even Laenor Velaryon beat him more than once. Most of his talent was due to Dark Sister otherwise Ser Harold would cut him in half in under a minute.

"I think you misunderstood me Ser Harold.", Daemon spoke with a tone he thought would be dangerous.

It was easy for Rhaenyra, to manipulate her and then get away with it. It was easy with Laena too. He never liked Rhea because she had the power in their relationship. He was a consort to her when she was an heiress herself. A broodmare, only to be used by her to gain heirs. He wouldn't hesitate even for a second to eliminate Rhaenyra if she would repeat the act she put on minutes ago ever again.