||The start of a new hero||

Key-

If it's like this then (Y/n) is lip reading.
If it's like this then they are signing
If it's like this then it's talking and signing

Okay everyone understand! Let's get started!
________________________________

"I'm sorry but your son will be permanently deaf from now on." Those were the words that sealed my fate. Back then when I was 9 I didn't understand what he was saying. I thought I would get some meds and be able to hear again. That wasn't the case.

Let's go back a bit to where this all started. My name is (Y/n) and It was the first day of 4th grade and I was friends with a little boy. He traveled out of the country but wasn't feeling well.

"Haru you don't look so  good are you okay?" (Y/n) asked as he looked at his sluggish friend who had a rash on his arm.

"Oh yea I think so my moms gonna take me to the doctor later today so I'll see what's wrong." He said his response was delayed and he held his head and looked like he wanted to vomit.

"Okay whatever you say Haru..." (Y/n) looked at him with a side eye and he had a bad feeling about this.

After that Haru never came back. (Y/n) started to feel sick but his ears didn't hear well and his head was hurting and he was getting rashes on his body like his friend. He had chills and a fever he was throwing up. He went to tell his mother.

"Mama mama I don't feel good..." he whispered his mom was holding papers. His mother was a hero. Her power was simple: she could grow roots with flowers and use them as a shield. (Y/n)'s dad was a stay at home dad house husband if you'd call it. His quirk was to have different types of smoke come from his fingertips; he is able to produce Chloroform and Strychnine. He has never used Strychnine in his life since it's a deadly poison that can kill in minutes but he has used his chloroform before in secret since using quirks without a license is illegal.

"Huh go talk to your dad." She said but (Y/n) stood there wide eyed. His mother spoke again but her voice was muffled; he almost couldn't hear it. He started to cry.

"Mama I can't hear you." His mother looked at him and then spoke again but (Y/n) still couldn't hear her. He shook his head and cried even more. His mother left to get his father and he picked (Y/n) up and he was burning up and he inspected his body and found red rashes on his stomach and chest.

"_______________" His dad opened his mouth but nothing came out. He looked worried though and more paler than usual but (Y/n) shook his head and touched the sides of his head on his ears.

"I can't hear you dad, why can't I hear you!?" (Y/n) shouted? He thought he did but he could hear his own voice. His dad shook him and was also shouting maybe? He turned to his mother and he pointed at her and shouted again wasn't sure he just looked worried and mad. He took (Y/n) to the car and left his mom as he sped off. (Y/n) was confused and cried more.

"_______" his dad opened his mouth but (Y/n) shook his head. His dad looked down sternly at the road then put his hand behind the seat as if he was reaching for something but (Y/n) knew he did this to comfort him. (Y/n) sniffed up his snot and dried his tears and held his dads hand. When they reached the hospital the news was obvious.

"He has Meningitis. I'm sorry but your son will be permanently deaf from now on." The doctor said Ik this cus I can remember her saying it how her mouth moved I looked at my dad he had his hands to his head. He looked sad and at the time I just looked at him and patted his hand and smiled.

"Don't worry dad imma be fine!" At the time little (Y/n) couldn't read lips so he didn't know he was fucked over he just saw his dad sad and wanted him to be happy. (Y/n)'s father shook his head as tears fell.

After that life was hard. It really was a hearing world only. No one wanted to play with (Y/n) because everyone thought he was sick cuz he couldn't hear it was funny to them. Can't blame them. They were like 8-9 year olds but still a shitty thing to do to a 9 year old who just lost everything. His quirk was cool he didn't get his dads he got his moms but it was stronger they do say as the generations go it's scientifically proven quirks get stronger.

He didn't care much for his mom; she was just always there. His dad encouraged him the most and spent time helping him during tough times. Being a child and losing your hearing is hard. But (Y/n)'s speech was good. All he needed to do was learn JSL Japanese sign language. His dad was the first to learn it all, then (Y/n) picked it up and learned how to do it from his special teacher to help him learn JSL. His mother learned JSL a year later. She was too busy to learn it so (Y/n) and her basically went a year without talking but that's how he picked up lip reading. His mom would often forget what sign was what and just talk to him and he couldn't understand until he slowly learned how to read lips via yt videos and practice with his dad.

He was somewhat depressed growing up. He never made many friends but it never really bothered him too much of course he was lonely but it was better than having someone that basically talked in a different language.

But then one day he saw something that took him by absolute shock. He was walking back home from school with his dad. I saw the most beautiful sight ever. There was a villain holding people hostage but a hero came out of nowhere. He had silver hair and sharp clear blue eyes and tan skin with lots of thin cuts on his hands and face. His hero outfit was futuristic and shined like glass and he had a headset on and his quirk was Hyalokinesis aka glass manipulation. He stopped the villain and arrested him. I was shocked to see him but then when he was interviewed by a reporter he did something even more surprising. He used sign language and had a male voice box to speak for him. I was so happy I wanted to know more about him. I ran away from my dad and into the crowd and landed right at his feet. He helped me up and saw the shine in my eyes. He smiled.

"Are you alright?" He signed and what I'm guessing he also said but I just smiled back at him and signed back.

"You're deaf like me!!" I smiled and he was shocked. I opened my school bag and took out a notebook and a pen. "Can I have your autograph? I've never met a deaf hero before. I want to be just like you!" I signed happily, making up my mind to become a hero not like my mother but one to inspire like the deaf hero in front of me, my new idol.

"Of course! What's your name?" He signed back and I gave him my name and he wrote me the sweet message of 'I believe in you (Y/n)! We are shards broken from the same mirror you and I! Love the deaf hero Shard!'

Without me knowing it was his official debut and I became his first fan with his first autograph and someone had our picture taken and sent to a news outlet which boosted his popularity. It was titled deaf child meets someone just like him in the deaf hero Shard.

When I got home I was excited. I ran to my mom and I asked her a question.

"Mom, I want to be a hero!"

"You can't, you're deaf." Her response broke me and I stood there for a second at her door as she worked and worked. My dad heard her and shouted at her and she shouted back.

"You know he won't make it! He can't hear what good is a hero who can't hear!" I read her lips and was crying at this point but I gripped the notebook with the autograph of the deaf hero and ran to my room and slammed my door.

I had a new goal and no matter if my 'hero' mother supported it or not I was going to be a hero not like her but like Shard!