*•.¸♡ 𝐈 ♡¸.•*

"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full"

Rue Addams could just die right now. When her aunt Tish said they would be attending Nevermore Academy she could have sworn she was bluffing. Yet the squawking of the radio as In Dreams by Roy Orbison filled the hearse, made everything just that much more real. Her face pulled up into a grimace as she watched her uncle serenade her aunt.

Wednesday sent her younger cousin a look from the corner of her eye catching the grimace and rolling her eyes. Setting her glare back on her parents as they leaned in to kiss one another. Over exaggerated gagging could be heard from beside her. Rue bent her upper body forward tucking her head into her knees wishing the world to just end right here, right now. Silence filled the air as the pair leaned away from one another.

"Darling, how long do you intend on giving us the cold shoulder?" Morticia asked, sending a glance towards her niece who had yet to sit up straight.

"Rue, please remind my parents that I'm no longer speaking to them." The couple glanced at Rue as she reiterated Wednesdays words but muffled as her head was still between her knees.

"I promise you my little viper, you will love Nevermore. As will you, my little poltergeist. Won't they Tish." Gomez looked to his wife for help.

"Of course they will. It's the perfect school for them." Morticia agreed. Rue let out a sound of disagreement.

"Why? Because it was the perfect school for you? I have no interest in following your footsteps. Becoming captain of the fencing team, queen of the dark prom, president of the séance society." Wednesdays glare deepened.

"I'm with Wednesday on this- although I'm sure I'd dominate at whatever happens in the séance society- why can't we just try a different normie school you know what they say 6th times a charm." Rue leaned toward her uncle knowing the man had a soft spot for her.

"That was the 9th school." Wednesday corrected.

"Oh." Rue sat back in astonishment. Morticia raised an eyebrow at her before turning to Wednesday.

"I know you'd be exceptional in the Séance Society. I merely meant that finally you both will be among peers who understand you. Maybe you'll even make some friends." Morticia and Gomez smiled at the pair.

"I'm taking that as a threat." Rue muttered under her breath.

"Nevermore is like no other boarding school. It's a magical place. It's where I met your mother. And we fell in love." Gomez leaned towards Morticia about to kiss.

"You guys are making us nauseous. And not in a good way." Wednesday glance down at her cousin who was bent forward again with her head tucked between her knees.

"Darling, we aren't the ones who got you expelled. That boy's family was going to file attempted murder charges. How would that have looked on your record?" Morticia lost her playful gaze.

"Terrible. Everyone would know I failed to get the job done." Wednesday deadpanned.

"Why do I have to go. My only involvement was my attachment to the piranhas." Rue sat up quickly.

"Darling, do you really think I didn't hear the whispers of a haunting happening with the Fulmers." Wednesday watched as her cousins face dropped, the slightest bit of amusement filling her eyes.

Lurch pulled into the gated school. Thunder filled the skies as it darken even more.

"At least it's turning into a beautiful day." Morticia sighed content. Rue clutched the evil eye necklace closely to her. The black tourmaline ring on her right pointer finger burned ever so slightly. Grandmama had spelled it to help the unwanted spirits from approaching her. Her eyes raked the surrounding forest as blue shadows peaked from within the darkness.