||Chapter two: Miles' Perspective||

TW: TRAUMA, CARS, CRINGE, SWIMMING, THE BEACH, AND SHARK

I go out of my sister's room. I then hear footsteps inside. I walk away and go down the stairs. Good morning babe. Did you sleep well last night? I asked Lyn. Yep. Slept soundly. I kind of want to do something today. She replied. Sure. What is it that you want to do? I asked. I want to go to the beach today with you two. Is it alright? Lyn asked. Of course! Anything for you! I said. I'm gonna go ask Mia. I added. Sure. Lyn replied. I go up the stairs and knock on Mia's door. Mia? He knocked again. Mia? He asked. Miles opened the door to find that Mia is gone. Mia? He asked again. Coming! She replied. Miles sighed with relief. Mia came out of the bathroom. What's up? She asked. Lyn wants to go to the beach with us. Do you want to come? I said. Uhm, a-alright. Sure I...I'll come with you guys!... Mia replied. She looked uncomfortable. A-Are you sure? Maybe you don't want to come. It's okay I can- I told her but I was cut off. It's fine brother, I can come. She replied back. Her sentence was followed by a nervous chuckle. Alright then...If you say so. I said as I left Mia's room. She quickly closed the door. I paused for a minute. I then hear her breathe quickly. Sis...are you alright? I asked. I'm fine! She said as she controlled the pace of her breathing. Okay. Just ask us if you need any help. I said. I walked away from the door and went back to Lyn. So? What did she say? Lyn asked. Yeah, she agreed to go with us. I said. Why that look? She asked. I'm not sure if she really wants to come or not. I said, We'll just ask her one more time then. If she wants to come then sure, but if she doesn't then it's alright. Lyn explained. Here she comes. She added. Hey Mia! Wanna come with us to the beach today? Lyn asked Sure! Mia said in a more enthusiastic tone. But she still sounded unsure. Are you sure? Lyn clarified. Yea, yea. I'm sure. Mia replied. Alright then, get your things ready, we're gonna get going at 30. Lyn said. Already done. Mia replied. That was fast. I said. I always have bags packed for these kinds of outings. She responded. Naur. Lyn said. We all laughed and got ready. As I was driving I saw Mia with her eyes wide open, sweating. Are y'all alright there? I ask. Yep. Lyn said. How about you Mia? She asked. No response. Mia? Lyn asked once more. She tapped on her shoulder. Huh?! Oh yea, I'm..fine? Mia responded. Are you alright? Y-you don't look fine. Lyn questioned. I'm fine, it's just something in my head. Mia said stubbornly. Maybe it's something from the crash? We can go back to the doctor if you'd like. Lyn replied. No, no. It's alright, it should go away soon. Mia said. Alright then, if you say...so? Lyn replied. They arrived at the beach. Lyn ran excitedly to the shore. Mia and I set up the seats while Lyn constantly said the same thing over and over again. "Come on, let's swim!" We finally finish setting up our place. We put on sunscreen and our swimsuits. I notice Mia wasn't wearing her swimwear. You're not going to swim with us? I ask her. She shook her head. Why? I ask again. She turned away from me. I'd know if she was angry but Mia's not. She's just acting so different lately. H-hey it's alright. You can tell me what's going on. I said. She faced me and sighed. Now, why don't you want to swim? Look, it's fun out there! I exclaimed. You- you weren't there. Father pulled me in the sea. I didn't want to swim. I- I was scared. There wasn't a single trace of you. I never wanted to go to the beach again. But you...you brought me here. I had no other choice but to face my fear. Mia said. Lyn and I sat there in shock. I...I'm sorry. I said. I felt my heart get heavy because I wasn't there to save my own sister. It's alright I suppose, it's the past anyways. Mia said with a smile. I looked at my sister with cold and deadly eyes. How can she just let go of trauma like that? I thought. A-alright. I said with a nervous chuckle. I looked like a nervous and scared anime character at the same time. Lyn and I swam and we all had fun. Whew, today was fun. I said. And tiring. Mia added. Agreed. Lyn replied. Hope we can do this again someday. I said. Sure hope so. Mia responded. We all carried our stuff to our rooms. I put the empty bag up on the cabinet. Babe...? I said. What is it? Lyn replied. Have you noticed anything weird about Mia lately? I ask. No, not really. Maybe she's just being her usual self. Why do you say so? Lyn said. She's been having nightmares lately, bad things have been happening to her. I mean, she's wearing an eye patch. How on earth could that be a good thing? She can either discard her emotions or change emotions after something had been said. I stated. Really? That's your basis? Lyn said. I have more. She isn't going out of her room. She doesn't seem fine when she goes out. It feels like she's going insane. I added. Miles you worry too much, maybe she's just on her shark week. Lyn responded. I- I'm just worried about her. I said. I know your worried about Mia. She's your sister. But I'm sure she's fine. Lyn comforted. I hope so. I replied. We continued our work and went to bed.

||Total words of Chapter 2: 987||

||Time taken: 11 days||