Sleigh Bells

There was a soft knock at the door. Hushed whispers could be heard as a woman in a cat costume opened the white door to greet her guests. She looked around before her eyes landed on the small purple turtle alien shaking at her doorsteps.

"Hm..." Donnie stood shaking as he glanced over his shoulders at his brothers. The other three hid behind a bush waiting to see what would happen next.

"Go on!" Leo whispered. Donnie nodded nervously as he turned to face the woman with cat ears on top of her blonde hair.

"Tr... Trick or t-treat?" Donnie asked as he held up a purple pillow case the size of himself in front of him.

"Aww~ Aren't chu just the cutest!" The woman awed. Donnie peeked over his pillow case and as his pressed his beak shut. "Here you go hon, three king size chocolate bars!"

Donnie watched at the woman carefully placed the large treats in his empty bag. He looked inside and immediately stomped his feet in excitement as he had acquired candy.

"Guys look! I got candy!" He shouted towards his brothers. The other three quickly ducking down as the woman turned their direction.

"Oh you have friends? They can come out. I have enough for everyone!" The woman said as she showed Donnie the large bowl candy she had set by the door.

Hearing there was enough for the rest of them Raph gently tugged Leo and Mikey along. Mikey was wearing a white sheet with two large holes cut into it. He ran towards Donnie and almost tripped as he had stepped on his own costume. Luckily Raph was able to catch him.

"Twick o tweat!" Mikey giggled as he shoved his orange pillow case up towards the woman. She laughed seeing the small ghost bouncing in anticipation.

"Oooo what a scary little ghost we have here." She giggled as she gently placed three large candy bars inside of his bag.

"Tank you!" Mikey shouted as he bounced his way next to Donnie. The softshell having stepped to the side to wait for his brothers.

"Me next!" Leo shouted as he ran up the steps. The unicorn head of his onesies covered most of his face as he struggled to get his pillow case open.

"Oh what a very pretty unicorn! Here you go dear." Leo cheered as the three candy bars fell to the bottom of his bag. He thanked her and ran to show his brothers. Mikey and Donnie grinning as they showed him theirs.

Lastly was Raph, the oldest having worn a teddy bear onsies. He nervously waddled his way up the steps and held out his red pillow case. His costume was a bit torn as the spikes on his shell poked out from behind. Just like Donnie, he too hid behind his bag as he held it out for the woman to place the candy bars inside.

"Last one and aren't you just adorable! Here you go sweetheart!" She gently placed the candy bars in his bag and smiled as the other boys showed off their treats. "Happy Halloween! Take care now!"

"Bye!" Came the echos of the turtle tots as they waved at the woman. Once the door closed Raph joined his brothers, letting out a sigh of relief.

"We got candy!" Leo gushed as he started walking towards the next house.

"See! I told you coming here was a good idea!" Donnie said as he walked next to Mikey. This year for Halloween the boys had decided to move their Halloween candy hunt over to the suburbs instead of the city. April having given the boys her cousins address so they could get candy in her area.

"Candy!" Mikey shouted as he skipped a bit ahead of his brothers.

"Okay we still have a few more minutes before dad notices we're gone." Raph said as he grabbed a hold of Mikey's hand.