Woe Is the Loneliest Number

(Police radio chatter is head)

Wednesday: This story is about to take a dark turn.

Forest

(In a forest police men and their dogs are searching from something)

Wednesday: Usually, I love dark turns. Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eight birthday party. But not this one.

(Sheriff galpin looks around the forest as a woman walks up to him)

Woman: We've been searching for hours, sheriff. The dogs need a break. You think we missed something?

Galpin: I say we double back, sweep collet creek, and then call it a night.

Woman: Okay.

Nevermore

(Sheriff galpin walks into the school with wednesday next to him and larissa behind them with Y/n)

Wednesday: How could you miss a dead body?

Galpin: Cause it wasn't there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night.

Y/n: Well, your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home.

(They begin to climb up the stairs)

Wednesday: We saw that monster kill rowan right in front of me.

Galpin: Did you get a good look at this monster thing?

Y/n: It didn't stick around for us to have a chat, sheriff.

Galpin: Maybe it was one of your classmates.

(They all stop as larissa turns around to face them)

Larissa: Sheriff, I find that question offensive.

Galpin: Well, I don't care, cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods.

Larissa: The mayor said those were bear attacks.

Galpin: Well, the mayor and I disagree on that.

Larissa: So you automatically assume a nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed.

Galpin: I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?

(Larissa sighs)

Larissa's Office

(Y/n, Galpin, Larissa and Wednesday enter her office)

Larissa: My guess is rowan ran away. State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either.

Y/n: I believe that dead people don't return calls.

(Galpin sits down)

Galpin: What were you two doing out in the woods with him, Ms. Addams, Mr. Y/n?

Wednesday: I hear a noise in the forest and went to go investigate.

Y/n: I was getting some fresh air until I hear some weird noises. So I got curious.

Wednesday: That's when we stumbled upon the attack.

(Galpin looks at them)

Galpin: Then what happened?

Wednesday: Then I ran into Bianca Barclay, and i told her to go for help. Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm. With Y/n sitting next to me.

Galpin: And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?