Chapter 21

A few months have gone by since Elena and Kol found out that they were going to be having a son. Between worrying how big the baby shower was going to be and planning a wedding (Kol's idea) Elena was completely busy. She still worked even though Kol told her not to worry but Elena didn't want his help with things. She wanted to continue what she did best. Work as a waitress and go home to Charlie. After Elijah finding Katherine kissing another guy (On purpose) he took the next step and commited to her. They were now a happy couple and that is all Elijah's family could ask for. Elena was around seven months, almost eight months pregnant and Kol couldn't have been more excited. He wanted to have kids so bad and now he was getting it and there was nothing he could have asked for more than this. Elena knew that today was her baby shower for her son and that is where she was heading. Elena walked up the stairs to the hall that both families agreed to have it with her lovely fiancee by her side. They walked through the door and everyone yelled "Congratulations!". Elena and Kol smiled and went to greet everyone.

"Elena" Katherine came over and gave her cousin a hug.

"Katherine, what do you want" Elena knew that tone.

"Nothing, I'm just happy, this is the second baby shower I've helped throw for you" Katherine said.

"You want something" Elena mentioned.

"Okay, I want to know if you can stay out of the house tonight?" Katherine asked.

"Why?" Elena was confused.

"Elijah is coming over and you know" Katherine smirked.

"Ew" Elena shivered from the thought.

"So can you?" Kat asked.

"Fine, I'll stay with Kol tonight, just no sex in the living room" Elena scolded.

"Fine, I won't" Katherine grinned.

"I feel fat" Elena looked at her stomach.

"No, you look gorgeous" Katherine complimented.

"Thanks, but I'm really hungry. Can I eat?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, we started letting everyone eat when Kol text Elijah saying you were right around the corner" Katherine nodded.

"Good, come with me" Elena pulled Katherine over to where the food was.

Elena and Katherine piled food on their plates and they went to the table that Finn and Sage were at. Katherine excused herself to get her and Elena a drink. Sage spoke up.

"You look great Elena".

"Thanks, I feel like a whale" Elena sighed.

"You're pregnant" Finn said.

"I know" Elena nodded.

Elena went to eating her food and Sage gave Finn a look and he shook his head but Sage nodded. Elena was a little confused but ignored it.

"Elena?" Sage spoke.

"Sage" Finn said in warning.

"No, I want to ask her" Sage whined.

"Not now, this is her baby shower for our nephew" Finn reminded her.

"I know Finn" Sage sighed.