Part 1

Chatter filled the halls of the airport. Mothers hugging their sons goodbye, daughters waving off their fathers. Families rushing around to get to their gates. People surrounded every inch of the building and get Leah still felt very alone. Despite her mother pushing her suitcase next to her. This is really happening. I'm really going to Germany.

This had been something she wanted to do since she was 6, when she knew she wanted to work in sports, and here she was 18 and going to work in Germany on her own.

"Alright so you have everything. Packed all the stuff I left out on your bed right?"

"Yes mum, I have everything. Including the stuff you left out and the extras that you packed for me", Leah laughed at her mothers stress, masking her own. She was going to be gone for a month, in a new country, on her own. Germany was one of her bucket list countries but she just didn't think she would be living there for a month for work, she was barely 18 anyway, how was she supposed to do this. "Okay my flight is boarding soon mum, I should leave now". The tears glazed over her blue eyes as her mum hugged her once more.

"Okay, good luck baby and text me as soon as you land okay. I love you", her mother said, muffled into the crock of her daughter's neck. Leah waved and kissed her mother goodbye as she walked towards her gate. The nerves finally kicking in as her hand shook slightly.

The flight to Germany was long and tiring but she couldn't help but be excited when she landed. She was there for her dream job, interning at a sports broadcasting channel in Europe. A lady in a long navy suit stood at the bottom of the escalators with a sign in her hand that read "Leah Adkins".

Leah waved to the woman, not knowing if she spoke english or not. "Hello Leah", the woman spoke, "My name is Fran and I will be helping you get situated here in Germany". She had a lovely smile and soft eyes. Her hair had been pulled back by a clip and her face was clean of most makeup, just some light products.

"Thank you Fran. I appreciate your help". Fran began to direct Leah towards the exit of the airport and into a black car they would be using. The drive from the airport to the place Leah would be staying was long but the two talking made it go by quickly for Leah. Leah explained to Fran why she wanted to apply for the internship and Fran went through what it was Leah would be doing whilst she was there. When they arrived to the apartment building Fran helped Leah with her suitcase whilst showing her where to go.

"The girl you will be staying with, her name is Aaliyah. She is a third year university student who is studying fashion. She voluntered to house an intern through her schools program and our company. She is a very lovely young woman and don't worry, she can speak english" Fran laughed as the relief came upon Leah's face.

"I really am trying to learn some words and phrases but its just not coming to me", Leah laughed. Fran joined her in her laughing state as the two made their way up the elevator. Knocking on the door Leah could feel her heart pounding slightly. A beautiful, tall woman with smooth deep bronze skin and long delicate braids cascading down her back. Her warm and welcoming smile instantly calmed Leah down as she began to speak.

"Hey there, you must be Leah. I'm Aaliyah. I'm so excited to have you here. I can't wait to show you around and have so much fun." She pulled her front door wide open, inviting Leah inside.

Fran had left Leah will a folder full of information and papers she would need to sign but she had decided to look at it later as she wanted to spend the rest of the day settling in and getting to know Aaliyah. After 3 hours of unpacking and chatting, Leah and Aaliyah had decided to take a look around Dortmund. "So why Germany? What made you apply for the internship?" Aaliyah asked, eyes focused on the busy road ahead of her.