Nicole αnd ωenτωorτн

Zayn couldn't help but wish the drive to Nicole's flat was longer than ten minutes. He had even so much as used back roads to get there with the hopes of being late. However agitated, Zayn didn't delay in the parking lot, instead he ruffled his hair, bringing his helmet on his walk and internally cursing the need for speed that came with owning a motorcycle.

He looked down at his wrist watch, groaning. It normally took ten minutes, and even taking the least direct path he was there in seven.

Zayn smiled in despite of his attitude and waved at the front desk before taking the elevator to the fifth floor of the high-end complex. There was something wrong with staring up at the flickering floor numbers and hoping it got stuck, but anything would be a step up from the squeal of his name he was sure to hear. Practicing his emotionless face, Zayn stared into his reflection only a second longer before the doors clanged open.

As much as he was ready for a squeal and possibly a crossed arm, pouting pose at his absence, Zayn was not prepared for his girlfriend to jump into his arms.

"Nicole, what was the emergency?" Making sure her feet were carefully on the ground, Zayn tried pushing her away to walk inside. With Nicole's plans to stay attached to him, Zayn sighed and closed the door behind him.

"I seem to need an emergency to see you," she laid a few kisses across his skin and giggled obnoxiously. It took everything in the pop-star to not flinch away, choosing to focus his attention on migrating to the nearest couch instead. "Are you alright, tootsie?"

Zayn cringed, his liquid honey eyes shutting in pain, "Nic, what I have I told you about that name?"

"I think it's perfect for you," she kissed his cheek, sending herself into another bought of giggles, her fingers twirling in his hair. She cuddled herself against him, her pale arms wrapping around him in order to pull herself near. Sitting painfully frozen, Zayn wondered why he was vividly imagining removing her legs from where they crossed over his lap. The feel of her plucking at his warn leather jacket with her thumb and forefinger, a motion that clearly stated her distaste, made Zayn resist the urge to swat her from his arms.

"Nicole, what was the emergency?" Zayn knew he shouldn't have breathed easily when she distanced herself, the fleeting moment of her shoulders tensing before she left him filling his limbs with a strained sense of trepidation.

She seethed, his brown eyes making contact with her own, "What, so now I can't see my own boyfriend anymore?"

"Not when you say it's an emergency," with his voice low, Zayn complained. The idea of missing a fun-home band practice for this was making him itch with frustration. Girlfriend or not, pop-star or not, he knew he shouldn't have to drop what he was doing to please her.

Nicole practically flew from the couch, standing up on tall heals he hadn't even realized she was wearing. Who wore shoes in their own home? Zayn knew for a fact he and the boys stripped their foot-wear the moment they stepped through the door. To him, having bare feet meant he was in a place where he was at peace and relaxed.

"Did you really just say that to me?" Nicole tapped her purple shoe, the sight of how small her feet were captivated him before he looked at his own. He wiggled toes, unnoticeable under his bulky boots. Huh, what did that have to say if he was still wearing his?

"Zayn! Look at me when I'm talking to you! God, it's like you don't even hear me when I'm  -"

Standing up abruptly, Zayn cleared his throat and fisted his hands with his long sleeve shirt before striding purposely towards where his helmet was sitting.

"Uh, Nic, if there's no emergency, I have a band practice to get to." Dipping his head, more out of habit than courtesy, Zayn's lips missed hers when she scowled and twisted at the last moment. Slightly put off, he mumbled a quiet, "I'll see you later", before turning away himself.