xreader : HOSPITALITY 🥀💗

concept: takes place after daves amputation, youre his assistant n worried sick.

TW // HOSPITALS, INJURIES
angst warning

ᘏᘎᘏᘎᘏᘎᘏᘎ

Rushing into the blinding titanium white hospital, [NAME] wiped sweat off their face as they rushed in.

"I'm here to see Dave Davidson!" They muttered in a fast manner to the receptionist, eyes wide and fearful. (IDK DAVES NAME BUT DAVIDSON AOUNDED FUNNY)

"Room 305." The ravenette receptionist murmured as she continued typing, purple eyeshadow dousing her heavy-lidded eyes unfocused on anything other than her game of solitaire.

They rushed to the elevator, repeatedly spamming the button while biting their lip timidly.

Their reason for such a rush was overly complicated; their lab partner, best friend, and 5-year-long crush had recently gotten into an accident.

[NAME] was there when it happened. Luckily, they got the better of things. They only got a few third degree burns, meanwhile..

Dave, the aforementioned lab partner, had his lower half burnt to a crisp, anything above his knees was able to be salvaged, but his legs..

He recently got them amputated, they were too far gone to be fixed. It was disheartening, to think only a few weeks ago Dave was able to walk and live a happy, functional life.

Tears tore and clawed at their eyes as they felt the elevator ascend, silent prayers seeping through their mind that Dave was well.

Hearing the ding, [NAME] nearly tore open the elevator doors as they ran aroun the rooms, finally finding room 305.

... God, they felt guilty. It was somewhat their fault, leaving fatally reactive chemicals out and accidentally letting it spill into, basically, a liquid explosive.

It took all their willpower to gain the courage to gently knock on the door.

.. "Come in."

ᘏᘎᘏᘎᘏᘎᘏᘎ

Staring out the window silently, Dave felt nothing but numbness below his pelvic bone. It was painless, yet ached horribly.

He was too scared to look down under the blankets, to finally see the lack of his legs. To think.. He'd probably never be able to walk, to feel his feet in the sand.. Nothing that everybody takes for granted.

Dave sighed, looking at his bandaged arms and thinking of his beloved.

They were.. Amazing. [NAME] was all he could ever ask for in a person, a charming personality and an appearance to match.. It was amazing, not to mention their intelligence.

He had known [NAME] ever since his first year of college.. Which was, oh.. 10 years ago? God, he was old, he chuckled.

He was only around thirty, yet he was a genius. Graduating highschool at 15, getting into Harvard at 18? He was notorious for finding out how to edit human genomes, cells, and more. He enjoyed toying with chemicals and discovering new things.

[NAME] was also around his intelligence, though leaning more towards creativity. They were the type to figure out new pigments, what made this, what can be different about this world? Their inventions saved lives before, it was extraordinary.

He smiled softly at the fond memory of [NAME]'s smile. How he wish he could tell them how much he loved them, give them living and nurturing words of encouragement and affection.. It was something he dearly craved.

His thoughts were abruptly shattered as a knock went through the stark, empty hospital room.

"Come in."

ᘏᘎᘎᘏᘎᘏᘎ

A teary-eyed [Human, chaos god, 3D being, ykw, whatever] stood there in shock, seeing Dave sitting up in the creaky old hospital bed.

"... Dave?" They asked softly, stepping more into a room. They were a mess  bandages splayed on their arms and hsir frazzled. Their clothes were sloppily slapped on.

Dave's eyes widened, and a feeling of guilt seeped and wormed into his heart. They looked bad, if not worse than him.

"[NAME]?" He asked softly, a heart-broken smile on his face as he looked at them.

They choked up as tears fell down their face, running to Dave and hugging him. He let out a low whine out of pain.

"Oh - sorry." They smiled sheepishly as they softened up and eventually let go, sitting in a plastic chair and scooting close. The way the rays of sunlight framed Dave's face perfectly.. It was wonderous.

They grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "Did the surgery go well? Are you feeling okay? Did they botch it because I swear if they did, I'm gonna kick their a-" "[NAME]! I'm fine," Dave laughed, their soft hands feeling comforting in his.

"The surgery went well, it was a sinch. They asked if I required prosthetics, I said no.. I can make them myself." He shrugged with a little chuckle, a slight dash of red banding around his face.

"That's good. I, I thought.." They trailed off, their lip quivering. "I know, but I'm not. I'm alive and well." Dave smiled. It was so relieving to see such a happy look on him.

"Are you okay? I know you got quite hurt too.." "Not as much as you." [NAME] frowned, "But you still matter." He said softly, looking up at them.

Those words made their heart melt as red tinted their face, feeling as though they had hearts in their eyes.

"I love you," They murmured in a daze. Dave perked up, his eyes wide. "... What?"

"I.. I love, you. You.. You care about everybody, even if you're in a bad situation. You put yourself last, you try to help everybody. You're loving, caring, sweet, you do your best.. I love you so much, it hurts. I know you don't love me back, but.. I.. I.." [NAME] murmured in tears, their face beet-red.

They stilled in fear, freezing up after bearing their heart and soul to Dave. They never wanted to confess like this, but.. Better late then never, I suppose.

"... I love you too."

"Huh?" [NAME] looked up a bit, theit eyes now widening alike to what Dave's reaction looked like.

"I love you too. You're a very creative and loving person.. If anything, I say you put people first and yourself last. You.. sacrifice everything for people. That's admirable." He chuckled a bit. "You're affectionate..A bit clingy," he teased, "and overall.. Amazing. Being cute is major plus side too." Dave smiled.

[NAME] was speechless. They just stood there, mouth agape with red splotched all over their face. They have been waiting for this moment all their life..!

The, uh.. Confession, not Dave's legs getting incinerated.

Dave looked amused at their reaction, laughing a bit at them before softly pulling them closer.

[NAME] hardly could register Dave put his lips omn theirs, kissing them gently and lovingly. More tears dribbled down their face as they kissed back, arms weapped around his waist.

"I love you so much, [NAME].. I'm glad I got to tell you."

"I love you too.."

Their silence was comfortable and loving as they stared into each others' eyes, holding each other's hands tightly.

They were leaning in again, until..

"Eh? Excuse me.. Visiting hours are over." The brunette nurse pointed out.

"Oh!" [NAME] immediately snapped back, face pink out of embarrassment. Dave laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Dave inquired with a kind look.

"Yeah.  Definitely." [NAME] returned the look as they gathered their things, pressing another kiss on Dave, this time on his cheek before leaving.

The amount of relief they felt was incredible.