PROLOGUE

*DARK MODE RECOMMENDED..

 ㄴ And that network is known as the "collective unconscious

And that network is known as the "collective unconscious." The original German phrase is, "Kollektives Unbewusstes," in case you were curious...

The man on the .MOV file is a familiar teacher back at the island. Despite being on the elementary school campus, I saw him a lot.. But I don't really get why Ken sent me a video of his psychology lecture to me...

He sent one more message, saying 'lol cant believe hes talking abt personas, u watched it?' I send a simple thumbs up emoji, too lazy to type out a full response.

My bedroom door quietly opens.. "(Y/N), dear, please go to bed soon.." It's just my mom.. "Okay, sorry, I lost track of time.." She shut the door.

I lay down, shutting my eyes. Hopefully, tomorrow will be decent too...

...

Today would mark the second week of school with a lacking presence of a disturbing man. It definitely lightened up the mood for everyone at school, I can tell. We also got a counselor..

And I'm right outside the nurse's office, about to have a session with him.

I knocked on the door, once, twice, and a third time just to be safe before I peeked in. Immediately, I saw the counselor looking up and right at me. He smiles, beckoning me to enter..

So I quietly step in, taking a seat at the couch beside the one he sat on. "Are you here for a counseling session?" He's politely smiling still; This feels awkward... "Um, good afternoon.. Yes, if you're not busy." "Oh, not at all! Go ahead and I'll listen to whatever you want to say. Would you care for a snack?" I nod..

"Let's start then. Don't be so tense by the way, you can just relax!" "Oh, okay.. Um, I was just thinking about my past was all." He nods, leaning forward, "Go ahead.."

"Um.. Well, I guess it was a few years ago, not too long ago though, um.. Maybe like seven or eight years ago.."

.. Seven or eight years ago, I think that was when I really understood stuff a child didn't need to.. Like death? I don't know if I was supposed to really care about it then, but I started to really know about it