Chapter 12

Here we go, here we go. One-handed fanfiction author to the rescue, go me... ugh. There are so many things you get used to using two hands for – and I'm amazed how debilitating losing the use of my left hand has been. I honestly thought "oh it's just the left hand, what's that even used for anyway?"

Well how about WASD in any pc games – can't play them.

Getting dressed is tough too, I'm amazed how hard trouser buttons can be. Also bought some slip-on shoes, because laces are just plain not happening. I'm not even going to attempt that shit.

Anyway, I digress, here's the usual:

///

Support me

Patreon . com (slash) Coeur

Access to Writing Advice articles, beta services, 1-1 lessons, faster updates, or if you're just feeling generous towards someone who writes good stories. At least I hope I do... I'm aiming for "consistently good" which is to say, I want all my stories to be good - not just one good story, and a load of rubbish ones.

///

Cover Art: Exvnir

///

Chapter 12 - The Devil's in the Detail

///

"I'm telling you... something was off about her."

"Nonsense Jaune, you're imagining things."

"I woke up strapped to a bed!"

"It's not unusual to strap patients down." Glynda laughed softly. "It's to make sure they don't injure themselves."

"With chains and leather!?" He could still feel the bruises on his wrists where they had bitten into his flesh, along with the stinging in his arm from yet another booster. Two hours ago! And it still hurt. He was no doctor, though perhaps he could fake his way into the profession (it seemed to work for everything else), but he was fairly sure you weren't supposed to have a booster every eight hours or so.

"No doubt for those with semblances that could break lesser material." Glynda stoutly defended her friend, a theme he was beginning to think might be recurring. Seriously... could no one else see what he saw!?

"Argh..." He groaned, shuffling some scrambled egg into his mouth in an effort at distraction. "Have you... ever been injured here?" He asked around swallows.

"Me?" Glynda said, pointing towards herself. "Not that I can recall, I mean I've had a cold once or twice, but never something that necessitated a visit to Tsune."

"And suddenly everything becomes clearer." He grumbled, rubbing his arm. How had someone like that gotten a career in medicine, especially around children? Did no one do the required background che- oh wait... yeah...

"Cheer up lad." Peter laughed, thumping him on the back hard enough to make his plate rattle. "I know what'll make you feel better – a good day out in Grimm-infested wilderness."

Oh yeah, that sounded great... seriously, was that what real hunters did for fun, or was that just Port? Either way, he'd prefer to avoid that if he could-

"Ah yes, the field trip is tomorrow." The blonde woman to his left nodded. "You and I shall be in charge of all the first years Jaune." Or then again, a romp in the wilderness with a bunch of teenagers sounded awesome... yeah. Maybe he could just slip off and prepare his will before they did that. Oh Gods...