Chapter 1 - Obi-Wan

Author's Note: I couldn't get this out of my head after seeing the last episode of the OWK series, so enjoy the horror with me. :D 

I had to write it from Obi-Wan's and Vader's POVs to get down their emotions and reactions right, so there'll be a second part covering the same events with Vader. :)

~ Tirana Sorki

"Whether he dies or I do, this ends today."

Obi-Wan is here with every intent of finishing it, steeling himself past any of the feelings to the contrary he's buried. All of this needs to end, and it won't happen until one of them is dead. He knows what he has to do, no matter how he feels about it.

Feeling how dark Anakin feels, remembering what he was doing on Mapuzo, how he was pursuing the ship of civilians escaping Jabi'im in an effort to get to Obi-Wan, and what that Inquisitor was saying – which reminds him all over again of that day when everything fell apart – it's hard to see this Sith as the boy he'd raised, and that makes it easier.

Obi-Wan stands ready and waiting as Vader gets off his ship, moving towards him. He remembers their last meeting far too clearly, and he won't let him get the upper hand this time. This time, he's ready. (Is he?)

"Did you ever consider... buying me?" Vader intones, coming to a stop a distance away.

...

...

"What?"

"From the Emperor. He would not sell me willingly, but he –" Vader starts replying.

Buy him? Sell him? What?! "What? What are you talking about?"

The only response is the sound of Vader's cycling respirator. What is he saying? Is he seriously trying to imply – "You're... his slave?"

That... that doesn't even make any sense. The last he knew, Anakin was Sidious' apprentice. It's not like Vader would ever willingly go along with the Sith trying to enslave him. Why would Sidious do that anyway when he already had Anakin on his side?

Something like anger flares around the Sith; Obi-Wan can only feel it so clearly because how strongly the Force reacts to him, even now. Especially that darkness. "You know that."

What? How is he supposed to know that? Is this even real or is he just... trying to completely throw Obi-Wan off guard? Because that is working. He highly doubts Anakin would ever make this up, but... "How?" he asks finally, "How could he...?"

"When the Jedi were declared traitors, all their property transferred to the Emperor," Vader states as though that's supposed to answer anything at all.

Is there some reason he's trying to remind Obi-Wan even more of that day than he already is? "...How is that relevant?" What does it even have to do with anything?

The feeling of coldness around Vader intensifies. "You know what I was, Master."

What jars him first is the title. He hasn't heard it from Anakin in... so many years. It's coming from a completely different voice now, but the Sith doesn't say the word mockingly. It's much the same tone Anakin often said it in, even now that Vader sounds angry.

But what does he mean 'what he was'? Obi-Wan was expecting Vader to attack him, the same way he did on Mapuzo, but instead he's getting... this.

And he has no idea what Anakin is even talking about. He's... Is he seriously saying that he's Sidious' slave? Obi-Wan doesn't really know what to think or feel about that. He doesn't even see how that's possible. And Anakin's answer doesn't make any sense. Like what does that have to do with it?