Chapter 1: Campfire Stories

*Author's Note: This story will follow the key events in the game but will be focused on Dylan's/Ryan's POV with a few different POV switches of other characters here and there!
There will also be some changes in the timelines/story etc to fit in with my fanfiction, I hope you enjoy! <3*

Laughter filled the cool, calm breeze; the once bright, green and yellow leaves turning into crisp reds and oranges as a sign that summer was now over and autumn was now arriving, and the once bright, warm sun was slowly setting into a luminous, cold moon.
And next to the flowing, blue lake, in a small clearing sat seven joyful counsellors, celebrating the end of summer with cheap booze in their hands surrounded by a blaring campfire as they chatted with smiles plastered on their faces.
"I'm telling you! I heard some woman's voice one night while I was making sure all the campers had went into their lodges, it was so creepy!" Abigail said, trying to stay serious but ultimately failing as she burst into giggles at the memory of her sprinting back to her lodge the moment she heard the faint noise that could have easily been another camper.
"Hey, maybe it was The Hag Of Hackett's Quarry?" Dylan suggested with a smirk and Kaitlyn groaned.
"The Hag Of Hackett's Quarry?" Emma asked, she hadn't been listening to Ryan's story time this morning when they had all gathered, ready to go home in the rusted truck they had all packed their stuff into.
"It's uh...just a story from a podcast I listen to," Ryan began,
"It's said that uh, this woman roams the woods, searching for her lost baby boy. Some say that if she catches you, she'll take you and try make you her son." He finished with a slight smile, Kaitlyn rolling her eyes and Emma shivering at the thought.
"The kids were terrified when Ryan first told them the story, they refused to do any hiking in the woods for a week until we could convince them that she didn't exist." The group chuckled, Ryan joining in except more nervously- remembering the scolding he got off Chris this morning for that same campfire tale.
Ryan took a swig of the alcohol in the can he was gripping tightly and breathed in deeply; he couldn't help but feel like something was deeply wrong, I mean, why would Chris be so adamant they stay indoors all night, it was like he was so freaked out of what was outside..?
He quickly pushed the thought down, they all just wanted to have one last celebration as a group before they go back home and probably never see each other again.
However, that quickly gave way to another thought, a thought Ryan had been trying to ignore basically since camp started.
He'd never see Dylan again, would he?
Dylan Lenivy.
The guy who consistently throughout the summer break had made it known he was desperate for Ryan's phone number, bringing it up in every conversation he'd have with the other.
It embarrassed Ryan to no end, his constant flirting and innuendos, and he did try to flirt back, he did. However, with Dylan's blasé attitude Ryan could never tell whether he was joking or not, the other male confused him, that's for sure.
He was brought out of his hazy, alcohol induced thoughts when Emma groaned loudly.
"This is so boring, why don't we play a game?" She smirked, Jacob quickly agreeing to whatever she had to say.
"What do you suggest playing?" Kaitlyn asked, desperate to get off 'The Hag Of Hackett's Quarry' discussion.
"How about Truth or Dare?" Dylan suggested and the others agreed.
It took a few turns for it to finally be Ryan's, Emma looking him up and down- deciding on a truth and dare prior to asking him what he'd choose.
"Ryan...truth or dare?" She asked with a smirk on her tan face.
"Hm..." Ryan thought about it for a moment.
Knowing Emma, she'd probably make him admit or do some crazy stuff either way.
"Dare, gimme what you got." He responded with as much enthusiasm as he could muster, which wasn't a lot.
"Okay, Ryan. Your dare comes with a choice..."
"Can she do that?" Ryan interrupted.
Emma scoffed,
"I can do whatever I want, and I dare you to kiss either Kaitlyn...or Dylan."
A bunch of laughs and 'ooos' erupted from the group, both Dylan and Kaitlyn blushing slightly and looking away.
"I guess both is off the table?" Ryan said in an awkward attempt to make a joke.
Emma put her hands up in self defence, smiling.
"Sorry, I don't make the rules."
"You literally just did, but okay. Let's do this." Ryan mumbled with a slight smile.
He didn't even have to think about his answer as he silently stared at Dylan's pink, thin lips.
"Dylan, let's go."