Chapter 1- Leaving so soon?

Main character up top

___________________________________________________________

/Davina/

"You ready for this road trip Davina!?"

Jade questioned as I gave her a blank stare. "Oh cheer up loser. You'll have plenty of time to make up school work when we get back. But for now chillax, relax, and enjoy the trip" Jade said, laying down on my bed as she stared at the ceiling.

I guess you could say I needed this trip, it's been almost 3 years since I've gone on vacation. But between my parents' tight budget and my tight schedule, it's been almost impossible, but now that my parents delivering business is successful, they told me I could go on a nice vacation of my choosing. "Ja I know I need this, it- it's just been awhile. So just give me a minute to adjust please?" I asked. "Fine fine but you better adjust quick cause it's time to party!" I looked at her again with another blank stare.

"Ok ok I'll stop, jeez! Chill your eyes" she said avoiding my stare. After finishing my conversation with Jade. I realized it was getting dark outside. "How long were we talking?" I asked. "I don't even know girl, but do you have everything packed?" she asked. "Yup, packed and ready to go."

"Well let's go to sleep. See you in the morning girl. Bye." Jade said. "Jade you're right next to me..in my bed" I said. "Girl goodnight. Always gotta be so technical" Jade mumbled.

"Wake the fuvk up bit.ch!" Jade stupid self decided to wake me up by yelling in my ear. I never in my life wanted to bit.ch slap somebody so hard. "If you don't get your ugly big headed self out of my ear I know something." I calmly spoke. Jade knew when I spoke calmly she was in for a serious smack down. "Fine fine jeez, what unicorn went up your butt and died?"

I honestly don't know how we even became friends. She's completely 100% crazy. I know I'm not the sanest but I'm not completely crazy. She can be a bit much at times but she's my bestfriend and I couldn't have asked for a better one. At the age of 15, she was extremely beautiful and tall, standing at 5'7. I sometimes wish I was that tall but at least I was only 3 inches away from her height, being my height came with advantages but a girl can dream right?

"Are you serious? You just murdered my ear and expect me to be ok with it?" I yelled. "Well yeah?" "I can't even deal right now" I said walking away going to take a shower.

An hour or so later I walked out to let Jade take a shower. She was on her phone when I came back into the room, but looked up when she heard the door open."Finally. Jeez, you always take a million years in the shower." I smirked at Jade cause this was entirely true and she picked on me for it all the time.

After we both got dressed, we headed down stairs expecting to get breakfast and wait for our parents to come so they could tell us their final goodbyes and ground rules, but surprisingly both my parents and hers were already there. Our friends and the "chaperones" were supposed to pick us up around 5ish this morning, it's 3:15 right now; that would leave us enough time to eat and chill out until they got here. Usually our parents got to work around 8 in the morning, so to see them dressed in their work clothes was kind of surprising.

I was kind of shock my parents even let me go on this trip, considering I'm only 15 and going with 2 other teens and only 2 barely legal adults. But my parents told me I was mature for my age and they trust me to make the right choices and being that Jade's parents and mines co-own the delivering business, we were able to go on the trip together and they wouldn't let her go if I wasn't going because she can get out of hand sometimes.

"Hey mom dad what are you guys doing here? I thought you guys weren't gonna be here until around 4:30." Jade said to her parents. "I know, but we have to get to work there was an emergency, so we wanted to say bye early baby girl" her dad said. "Oh well I'll see you guys when we come back from the trip. Bye" she said in a hurry. "Not so fast baby girl, we still have to go over the rules" I tried to hold back my laugh cause her parents had a list. It had to be about thirty rules on that paper!

After her parents were finish telling her the rules, she went to walk them out and say her final goodbye. That gave me time to talk to my parents.

"Are you guys gonna leave with them? They said it was an emergency." I questioned. "Yeah we have to leave too honey we hope you're not mad?" my mom said. "Ok no problem, I understand it's an emergency, I just wish you guys were able to see me off, that's it" "We know baby. We wish we could see you off too" my dad said. "Ok well enough of the sad stuff. See you guys later. I love you" I said in a hurry. "Well don't think you're off the leash yet either."

I closed my eyes for a good second then opened them expecting an earful. "We only have one rule for you baby and that's to have fun" my mom said with a smile of her face. I looked at them shocked for a minute. "Are you serious? That's your only rule?" I asked to both of them. "That's your mom's rule, my rule is no boys and I mean it ok?" My dad sternly. "Ok daddy." I laughed in my mind because I was completely and utterly not attracting any boys. I wasn't ugly but I had high standards and everyone at school knew that so, I didn't have to worry about them.

Soon my parents packed up their stuff and were heading out the door. "Bye Davina! We love you" "Bye mommy! bye daddy! See you later!"

Jade stood next to me as our parents left in their vehicles. As they drove off we watched them leave until they turned the corner.

"We are officially on vacation!!" Jade yelled as she jumped up and down. I stared at her smirking. "We are officially on vacation" I thought. I was going to have the time of my life and enjoy my time off.

Little did I know this vacation was gonna be far from relaxing and

I wouldn't be seeing my parents for years.

__________________________________________________________________________
Hey, this is my first story ever and I actually started it a year or so back (I don't remember) but was too busy to continue. So now I'm back and ready to finish! If you like it please vote or comment. I would truly appreciate it. Thanks 🙂

-Wildcat