1: Spiderman

It started as any other ordinary day, lab with Dr. Creel. Will Byers sat in the back with Lucas Sinclair, the only jock that didn't bully outcasts and befriended them instead. He had appreciated his kindness since he was 10 years old and he saved him, and his other friends, Dustin and El (his now stepsister), from bullies. They were always there for each other no matter what. Will always encouraged Lucas, whether it had to do with sports or asking a girl out, and Lucas was the first person Will had come out to (and he was also Will's first crush, but that didn't matter). Today they were tasked with studying spiders, something Lucas hated.

"God... why couldn't we have studied like.. something not terrifying?" Lucas asked. Will smiled.

"Hey, it's not that bad.. at least it's in a glass box.. we don't have to touch it." Will started, picking up the glass box and looking inside. "Besides.. it's kind of neat." Lucas sighed.

"This is why we're lab partners, Byers. This is why." Lucas responded with a slight laugh. Will laughed a bit.

"You know you love me." Will said as he lightly elbowed Lucas, putting down the glass box as he did. Lucas rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Class, pause for a few moments." Dr. Creel started from the front of the classroom, "We have a new student joining us!" Will looked up to the front of the class, seeing Dr. Creel opening the door for someone. It was a boy with medium-length, raven-colored hair, freckles, a lanky frame, and a sharp jawline. He had a camera bag to his side, along with his book bag, and he was wearing a dark blue flannel with a white t-shirt under it and black jeans. He looked like he did not want to be here at all, and looked quite anxious, his fingers feeling at his clothing. Will felt a bit of sympathy for him, but also a bit of understanding.

"He looks so.. edgy." Lucas whispered to Will. Will sighed.

"He looks pretty.. normal to me." Will responded. Lucas shrugged a bit, but Will didn't notice, continuing to stare.

"This is Michael-James Wheeler." Dr. Creel said.

"It's.. MJ." He mumbled. Dr. Creel nodded.

"Apologies.. MJ!" He responded. "Welcome, MJ! Go ahead and take a seat at Will and Lucas's table." Dr. Creel pointed at Will's table, making Will quickly look away and back down at his box. He furrowed his eyebrows a bit at the fact that the spider was now missing from the glass box. He turned to Lucas.

"Uh... we have a problem." He said.

"Yeah, Dr. Creel's making the weird kid sit at our table." Lucas whispered.

"Hey, I'm weird too." Will responded in an offended tone as Lucas laughed. "No, I mean.. Lucas, the spider-"

"What about the spider?" Lucas asked, a panicked look coming over his face. Will decided then and there that it was in his best interest not to tell Lucas. He looked down at the glass box before sighing slightly as he hid it with his elbow.

"Nothing.. he just wasn't moving for a second." He replied. Lucas sighed in relief before going back to looking at the comic book he was sneak-reading under the table. Will looked at MJ, who was sitting down next to him with a sigh. What should he say? Should he introduce himself? Will really hated that he got this way around cute guys. Especially with someone as interesting-looking as this guy. MJ suddenly looked at him, furrowing his eyes a bit at the trance Will seemed to have been put in.

"Uh.. hi?" He said awkwardly. Will snapped out of it.

"Sorry, hi." He started quickly, a nervous smile forming on his face. MJ nodded.

"It's cool." He said in a hushed tone before looking away. Will thought to himself before looking back at MJ.

"I'm Will.. Will Byers." He responded. MJ turned to him with an almost shocked expression before nodding.