2: With Great Power...

Over the next two weeks, Spiderman became more and more well-known. Will improved his "superhero costume" adding stuff to make him more unrecognizable. The more people he saved, the more he got used to his powers, and the more he wanted to learn more about them. He also kept thinking about that spider, wondering if maybe Dr. Creel still had it so he could study it.

Things at school were different also. He got suspended for one day, which wasn't too bad. Troy now completely stayed away from him, but that didn't mean he and James still didn't try to bother MJ, but he tried his best to defend him without causing harm. MJ was another thing that was changing. He was becoming closer to Will's friend group, and also way closer to Will. He was opening up more and being less shy. But Will knew he had more important things to do than daydream over MJ, so as he ate his cereal, he tried not to think too much about him. He took a bite of Frosted Flakes as the TV played in the background.

"More on the latest hero of New York City, Spiderman, later."

"Man, is this all the news talks about anymore?" Hopper asked as he sat down between Joyce and El.

"Well.. he has been helping a lot." El replied. Hopper huffed before taking a bite of his cereal. "I mean did you see that ATM robbery he handled yesterday?"

"Yeah, and he shouldn't have. Those guys had guns, he could've gotten seriously hurt." Hopper replied.

"I don't know, I think he's pretty neat." Joyce said. Hopper looked at her, eyes wide.

"Neat? You think that guy is neat?" He asked.

"Yeah, I mean where else do you see a guy shooting webs and swinging from buildings?" Joyce responded.

"At a freak show maybe." Hopper replied. They all laughed a bit before Hopper looked at Will. "What do you think?"

"Huh? Me?" Will asked. Hopper nodded.

"Yeah, you like comics and weird stuff. What do you think of this.. Spidey-guy?" Hopper responded.

"Spiderman." El corrected.

"Whatever.. Will?" Hopper asked. Will chewed a bit before nodding.

"Yeah, he's alright.. cool guy." He replied, moving his spoon around in his cereal bowl. "And.. he has been helping quite a bit." Hopper sighed a bit.

"I just don't think everyone should rely on this one guy.. and besides, he seems like he's just a kid." He said. Will nodded.

"Guess... that's true." He responded before finishing the last of his cereal. He drank the milk before putting the bowl in the sink. "We should probably go, El." El nodded as she stood up and put her plate that once had Eggo waffles on it in the sink as Will grabbed his bag.

"Bye, Dad. Bye, Mom." El said, kissing both of their cheeks as Will waited at the door for her.

"Bye!" Will added as El grabbed her bag and headed to the door.

"Stay out of trouble!" Hopper said.

"We will!" They both said at the same time before closing the door behind them. They then headed down the stairs, out of the apartment, and to the subway to get on their train to school. El and Will sat down, putting on their headphones as they always did and listening to music on the ride there. Will pulled out his sketchbook from his book bag, beginning to just randomly sketch to pass the time.

"I don't care if Monday's blue.
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too.
Thursday I don't care about you.
It's Friday, I'm in love."

Will smiled down at the sketch of the photographer with freckles that he just couldn't keep off of his mind. He sighed softly as music continued to pour into his ears.