And I Thought It Was Summer

Hannah Denver

How could I go? How could I be here, ready to leave?

"Hannah, hurry up and step inside the bus."

I look back and grimace at my brother, "this is pure torture."

But at last, I place a foot inside, greeting Alice, my bus driver, and fully entering and siting on my seat. I like to sit in the front, but for some reason, seventh graders like that place also. So, I take my place at the third row.

School is so boring, I never like going. Especially since I have no friends to be with. They all think I'm weird- they're not wrong though. But if anyone tries to be my friend, they stop after they get dumped by AJ.

And here I thought that it was summer.

Summer is next month, well... next, next month... never mind. Don't ask me for help on this.

Now, for the plot of my story. I think with a sigh, or should I start with characters...?

"Oh M Gee, you're trying to write a story?!"

Not another one! "Why would you think that?" I ask the dirty blonde.

She turns around to face me, since she is in front of me. "Well, I write on this website called Wattpad, and I am pretty famous on it."

Famous my ass. "Cool, well I'm not writing anything... I was only trying to make my own friends and their backgrounds." Yes, because that sounds like a great excuse.

"Oh... so you have no friends I guess?" She asks with a quizzical look.

I shake my head," I do." I guess Teresa and Stephanie are my friends, even though it's been two days.

Wow, I've never had any friends before. This is so cool. Is this the feeling you get once you finally have friends? Do you feel light and happy?

"Friends in your head aren't the same thing." I blink after she says that. "Here," she lifts her hand up and I stare blankly at it. "It's my hand, shake it. I'm Hailee, and you're...?"

"Hannah," I say clearly, a smile forming on my face.

"Great," she copies my smile and lets go of my hand. "So what grade are you in?" She asks.

"I'm a senior," I tell her. "What grade are you in?"

She stands in the moving bus. "Freshman," she moves to the empty seat beside me and plops down with her bag swinging around her. "You don't really look like a senior, ya know?" She says while scrunching her brows together, a curious look.

I look away out of habit. It feels weird when people look at me and when they mention about me. "Well I am pretty short, and my body isn't exactly grown up, if you know what I mean." I explain, "and it's also 'cause of my eyes." I point to my eyes but then blink them.

My eyes, brown, are big and innocent. People tell me that my eyes always make me look sad or young. It doesn't help me pick up a boyfriend, not that I want one...

"Yeah, that's true." She brings her face closer to me and I back up. "Your eyes look like you're really worried. You kinda look scared." Now that's new.

I never knew that I looked scared, I only thought that I looked young and sad.

Staring at my feet, I think over what she said. Does everyone think that? They might think something's wrong with me.

"Is that bad...?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "no it's not, trust me. You only look that way but I can totally tell that you're not."

Witch! "Ah! Get away!" I cower into my seat, my eyes wide. "Now I really am scared! You can read my emotions, witch!"

Hailee gives me a strange face. Yeah, she did give it to me, her hands grabbed her head and she ripped off the skin that carried her weird face.

Haha, just kidding.

"No wonder you have no friends..." She bites her lip and looks away.

I take a deep breath, "anyways." But I have nothing else to say to her. I don't feel like talking.

She blinks three times then gasps. "No way! You're AJ Denver's twin sister, aren't you?!"

"No, sorry," I show a look of sympathy as I stare into her depressed eyes. "I'm not his twin sister, I'm his twin brother."

"Oh! That makes much more sense!"

I freeze. "It does?" I ask her.

She nods with a large and proud smile. "Yep; you look like a guy but everyone tells me that he has a sister so I thought..." She trails off while I have my most open. "But now I know that I'm totally right." She says.

"I was only joking." I mumble and this time, she freezes.

"Oh... are you offended?" She asks worriedly.

I laugh loudly and shake my head. "No, of course not! Guys are much better than girls." I tell her an watch as she sulks in anger.

"Darn." She mutters.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," she smiles.

The bus turns crazily and I see that we're turning into the school's parking lot. "Well, I better get going, than." I tell her and stand, swinging my bag strap behind me.

She nods and grabs her bag, and heads out the door.

I walk but stop to see Alice. "Bye-bye, Al!" I shout and walk through the door.

"Bye little Banana." She yells from her seat in the bus and I head off to school.

***

UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE.

Hailee is actually a girl that I know, 'cause this book is sorta like my diary if my world WAS FREAKING AWESOME.

I usually write what happens throughout the day and make it cool, so yeah.

Have fun reading my other books or other people's books!

- han .