Chapter 1

Hi,

Really hope you like my fanfic, please don't judge. You also should read the description if you haven't already. Feel free to comment.

Stormy Matter

Blake Pov

8:33 a.m.

I saw the precinct near through the car window, We parked along the curb, and I was practically buzzing with excitement as I stepped out of the car.

"It's heist time." I muttered to myself, unable to contain my smile.

My parents hopped out of the front seat and came to walk next me.

"Ready for your first heist?" My Mum asked.

"I was born ready." I stated, full of confidence as we walked into the building.

>>>>>

"Welcome to the annual halloween heist!" My Dad exclaimed.

We were sitting in the briefing room, listening as my Dad and Holt introduced this years heist.

"This year we will be trying to steal a........" My Dad continued.

"Badge." Holt said bluntly.

My Dad turned to him.

"Hey! I wanted to say it!" He complained.

"Well, you left a gap in your speech, so I filled it." Holt countered, his voice still monotone.

"Yes! For dramatic effect!" My Dad attempted to explain.

"You are announcing the item that of which will be stolen, there is no drama needed."

"Can we just get on with this." I interrupted. "I need to get to school."

"Right." My Dad said, turning back to face the rest of us. "We will be stealing a badge , which has inscribed on it," He put on a German accent "Ze Ultimate Detective Zlash Geniuz."

"Still no." My Mum said.

"Dammit, too Nazi." My Dad said.

"It will be hooked to the roof in the middle of the bull pen." Holt took over. "This year we will be in partners, which will be determined by a random draw."

My Dad pulled out a top hat from underneath Holts podium.

"I will draw first." My Dad reached to put his hand into the hat but my Mum stopped him.

"Hold up. How do we know you haven't rigged it?" My Mum asked, suspicious.

"By all means, you go first, Ames."

Her eyes narrowed, but she reached into the hat, drawing out a piece of paper. She unfolded the slip and read out the name.

"Rosa." I let out a tiny sigh of relief.

"Nice." Rosa and my Mum high fived and sat down next to each other.

My Dad then drew after fishing around for a while.

"Blake."

I smiled. Our plan was already working.

>>>>>

2 weeks earlier

"Ok so here's the plan." My Dad said. "As you know, it's your first heist, as you are now 16 and allowed to compete."

I nodded

"We will be drawing partners out of a hat, and I have put a dot on the back of your name, so when I draw I just have to feel around for it. As long as no one draws you out before me."

"But why do you want me on your team, why not Charles or Mum?" I asked, slightly confused.

"You're smart, know how to pick locks and can take someone out within seconds, thanks to Rosa." It was true, Rosa had taught me martial arts growing up and now I was nearly as good as her. "Also, I thought you might need someone to show you the ropes, these heists get intense and you've never experienced it before."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at that. I may not have competed in the heists but almost every year I would watch them from behind the scenes. I knew exactly how these worked.

>>>>>

Present time

Holt then drew out Terry, leaving Charles to compete on his own.

We then followed my Dad out into the bull pen, where he hung the badge so it was head-height.

"Now that we have this over and done with, I need to get to school, see you this afternoon." I said, walking towards the elevator.

"Good luck on your math test." My Mum called out, just before the elevator door closed