Chapter eleven

Callie's pov-

It's my first day back at work after the twins were born, I was getting ready while Payton was pumping for the twins while also helping Sofia get ready for school by placing her clothes on our bed.

She was a month postpartum and still as beautiful as the day I met her and this woman has my full heart, no matter how tired she has been she always puts 100% into everything she does for us.

Suddenly Lexie starts crying in one of the mosie baskets we have for the twins, we have two of them but we sometimes put them in the same one and they love it.

"Mama? Is Lexie crying?" Sofia says as she runs into the room to get dressed.

Sofia quickly fell in love with the twins the second she met them in the hospital room the day after they were born, she is so obsessed with them that she knows what twin is crying, not even me or payton can tell by just the cries.

"I've got her love, you help Sofia get dressed." I tell payton as I pull my jumper over my head. "i could use some momma and Lexi hugs before I go to work."

I pick up the still tiny baby and lay her against my chest, gently rubbing her back as she starts to calm down within seconds.

"hey Bubba, momma is going to miss you and Tori like crazy all of today." I cooed gently,i know they don't understand me but I just love talking to them, it actually makes me feel better about going back to work and leaving the twins and Payton all day.

"Momma? Can I hold Tori?" Sofia asks from behind me, now that Payton has finished getting her dressed.

I turn around to see Sofia is already sitting in the middle of our bed between the pillows, how we always have her sit when she wants to hold her sisters.

"Sure, but where has your mama gone?" I asked as I placed Lexie back down for a moment as I picked up Tori.

"She said she was going to have a quick shower before we leave." Sofia smiled as she held her arms out for me to pass her Tori.

I placed Tori down in Sofia's lap, ensuring her head was supported before returning to the mosie baskets to pick up Lexi again.

"Okay, we'll you can hold Tori for five minutes before we go get your breakfast." I told sofia gently knowing if I didn't tell her, she would complain when it was time for her to put the baby down and eat before school.

"Okay momma." she replied but i know she will complain anyway.

After a while, I was able to get Lexi back to sleep, so i gently placed her in the mosie basket to sleep.

"Shout for me or Mama if one of them starts crying, I'm gonna check on your mama." I tell the seven-year-old as I kiss her forehead, leaning over her to kiss the baby in her lap head as well. "Don't move with her either."

I walk into the bathroom, making sure to quietly shut the door behind me and pull open the shower curtain.

"Holy shit Callie." She screamed before laughing.

"Sorry love, I just wanted a moment with you without any children."

She smiled as she turned the shower off and climbed out, grabbing the towel beside us before wrapping it around herself.

She leans forward, connecting our lips together allowing me to deepen the kiss.

When we both pull away, she walks out of the bathroom, like she hasn't just made it harder for me to go to work.

I followed behind her like a lost puppy into the bedroom, watching as she grabbed a baggy hoodie that might I add belongs to me before pulling on a pair of my boxers, god she is hot in my clothes.