CH. Situation at hand

"What happened?" Wednesday quickened her pace towards Enid while thing scrambled off her shoulder to get a medical kit. Her eyes widened at the sight of her friend crying. 

Enid didn't say anything in return but held her hand in place trying to stop the blood. Her eyes were closed shut and she was trying to keep her breathing on track. Wednesday bent down right next to her but didn't try to do anything. Thing was the expert in this."Thing! Where are you?" Wednesday called out. Thing came out of the closet with the medical kit in hand and jumped onto Enid's bed. He opened the medical equipment, took out Enid's hand, and began to wipe the blood and heal the wound. After a couple of minutes of trying to clean and stitch the wound, thing was done. He hopped off the bed and when to clean himself up.

Wednesday got up and stood in front of Enid

"Now what happened?" Wednesday asked

Enid was about to respond when Ajax came into the room looking frantic. Wednesday knew exactly what was going to happen. She stepped back into the shadows of the room and watched the scene play out in front of her."This should be amusing," Wednesday thought"Enid I am so sor-"He stopped mid-way. His eyes widened at the sight of Enid and the bandaged hand. Ajax immediately ran to Enid's side but she only looked down at the floor."She mad at him, again," though Wednesday. Ajax not being able to take the fact that Enid was mad at him and severely hurt took his hands and cupped them around her face pulling it up. Enid surprised by this blushed looking at Ajax."I'm so sorry! I had stoned myself by looking into the mirror. By the time I was freed it was already 8. I know you are mad at me but please give me another chance. I have a reservation at Weathervane..." Ajax explained. Enid's eyes soften and she kneeled her head towards his neck, setting it right there. Ajax took that in as a sign of forgiveness and pulled her in for a hug.

Wednesday stood in the shadow watching the 2 engage in each other's warmth. She curled her lips trying not to make a weird face. She was happy for her friend but she wanted to know what had cut her hand and how it had happened. This could be the mystery stalker that had been spying on her for so long. And another chapter for her story at hand."Enid? May I talk to you, in private?" Wednesday spoke up, snapping the two of them from their little moment. Both looked at each other flustered. Wednesday didn't know why.

After Ajax had left Wednesday took the time to question Enid

"What happened with your hand?"

"What?" Enid answered. She was still in a diz after she and Ajax talked

.

Wednesday banged her hand on the desk. Enid immediately snapped out of her thoughts and looked on Wednesday."Alright, alright chill. You know you just heard what happened so I'll start from there. I was waiting for Ajax when he didn't come I wolfed out and a run in the forest. I felt much better after, I was heading home in my human form but I felt as if someone or something was following me. I wolfed out again and was about to attack when someone placed a bag over my head. I couldn't figure out anything after that. When I woke up I was in my human form with a blanket over me.""That still doesn't explain the cut on your hand."

"I know, I know, let me finish. On my way up to the dorm, I felt my hand bleeding and when I check, it was this." She said pointing towards her hand. I don't know how or what happened but I think someone poured a chemical that kept my hand from bleeding for this long."

Enid went into the bathroom to change for the dinner at Weathervane while Wednesday just stood there thinking of what creature could have made that big of a mark. 

The next morning she was woken up quite early by a howling Enid.

"Wake up! We're gonna be late for the ceremony, All students are required to go!" With that, she pounced into her closet to find something suitable for the day. Wednesday tho wasn't the most pleasant mood. She didn't have the slightest idea of going to this useless ceremony and clapping for people she wouldn't need. She reluctantly got out of bed and went to get ready. Her normal outfit of the day consisted of black I mean she was a black soul. Her mother was a dove in the family while she was the sparrow. The one with the darker visions and the darker fate.She had found out about her visions 2 years ago while also meeting an ancestor that helped her on the way. 

Wednesday soon made it downstairs to a crowd of furs, fangs, and a familiar-looking siren. Bianca came out of the crowd and both eyes met. Bianca approached Wednesday with a smile.

"Seems you made it in time, I'm surprised you would have the time to come and support such an event," Bianca said. She and Wednesday were on better terms than last year so it was debatable whether they would stab each other's necks or play by-terms." I wouldn't dream of missing such an important event," Wednesday said. It's true she wouldn't after all, Xavier's painting would be and she would be able to see what was behind the cloth."Students may I have your attention please, I would like like to start the ceremony now if you would all settle down." said the principal.After all the Nevermore kids had settled down the ceremony started. The award ceremony was as distasteful as she had thought. She had already talked with Eugene and the two were going to meet up to discuss what she would do next.

" This case just got a whole lot more interesting," said Wednesday

"What chase?"

Wednesday turned her back to find Xavier sitting right behind her

"Xavier, Hello. Nothing just a phrase used in my family." Wednesday said

"Now students I would like to present this art piece made by Mr. Thrope for our most honored student. Please bring your hands up for Wednesday Addams!"The white cloth was removed from the painting to reveal a picture of Wednesday painted in a black-and-white theme, playing  the cello.The entire school went into a series of applause. Wednesday immediately turned her back towards Xavier who just grinned at her. She sat back in annoyance. She was never one for attention and that wasn't about to change. She was soon called up to the stage to receive a medal for her efforts. Wednesday didn't have time for this.After all of that was done she made her way toward the painting. It was the same piece that Xavier had made for her last year.

She was inspecting the painting when her eyes caught something on the side of it.

"Would you look at that" Wednesday said.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?

Vote if you like this

Word count: 1211