1 -Just Like That♡

"Oh momma dear, we're not the fortunate ones. And girls, they wanna have fun."

Chapter Theme Song: 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' by Cyndi Lauper.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun'  by Cyndi Lauper

••

♡♡

♡♡

Sanoh

"Wake up! Sanoh!"

"Sanoh!"

"I'm up!" I groan while my little sister pulls at my limb as though she wants to rip it from its socket. "See, I'm up. Issy. I'm already up."

"I learned the moves, Sanoh, and now I can do the roundhouse kick! Jamie won't have anything on me now! Watch me, Sanoh, please!"

"Okay, show me, show me." I cock my head to the side with droopy eyes, pressing my palms on either side of me so I won't fall face over on the mat!

I spent the entire night sewing the Karate suits for the new kids at our home Sparring Gym and now I am just burnt out. What makes it completely worse is that I have to work in less than fifteen minutes...

Oh, shit. Work!

My sister is in the middle of jutting her small hips and doing some form of spin as I throw myself upright and grip my head disorientedly. "I'm coming, Issy; I-I have somewhere to be."

"Ugh, man! But I really want to show it to you, San!" She flails out her skinny arms and legs. "Fineeeee! I'm gonna show it to dad then!"

"Yeah, yeah, do that," I make a circular motion with my finger, "and come back. I'll be ready by then, okay?!"

For a six-year-old, no one knows how to hold a grudge better than she does. Prepare thyself for hair flips and tongue sticks that appear out of nowhere.

She pouts her lips, smeared with pink glittery lipgloss, my glittery lipgloss that I hardly ever wear, if ever, and defiantly stomps out of our shared bedroom, slamming the door behind her. It rattles on its old hinges, and I cringe.