𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Astraea

December 25th,2003

I felt Greyson's arms wrap around my waist as I poured the eggs onto the plate. His lips pressed against the side of my neck. I felt butterflies flutter inside my chest.

He whispered in my ear, "Good morning, my love." His words felt soothing. Greyson's voice is like a soft melody that could always soothe my soul. I turned around and leaned against the kitchen counter. I caressed the palm of my hand against his smooth cheek. I muttered, "Merry Christmas, Grey."

I pressed my lips to his. I felt a sensation shoot up my spine. His proximity gave me a sense of comfort. His hand slipped around my waist. He lifted me onto the counter and whispered, "Are you alright with this?" I nodded my head.

Greyson lifted my chin and exclaimed, "I need your words, love." I shifted my eyes to his. I responded, "Yes."

He pulled my shirt over my head and trailed his lips down my neck to my breasts. I felt my body melt into his arms. I dissolved as his lips trailed down my body. I felt electricity burn between us as he made me feel loved. He loved every inch of me and showed it with each kiss from my lips to between my thighs.

Time dissolved in front of us, and we both ended up in the shower. We had finished what we had started in the kitchen. Before we knew it, his phone began to ring, and the mood stopped. He stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around his waist. He answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Yes, this is Greyson Allori."

I couldn't hear the voice on the other line. All I heard was a soft, muffled voice. Greyson replied, "Yeah, I'll be down to pick it up in half an hour." He hung up the phone and confessed, "My prescription is ready. I'm going to pick it up. I should be gone for no longer than an hour. If I am gone longer, I'll call you."

I've never been afraid of Greyson doing anything behind my back or lying. I trust him. We've formed good communication with each other in the past couple of years. He's my everything. I finished rinsing my hair and responded, "Alright. Blaire and the kids will be by in two hours. Blaire and Roman wanted to sleep in this morning so take your time. I love you."

He chuckled and replied, "I love you too, Rea. I love you more than my life." I took a deep breath. I insisted, "Grey, never love anything more than life."

Greyson was silent for a moment. I heard the soft ruffling of items in the bathroom then he exclaimed, "Rea, you worry about me too much. It's just a saying, love." I opened the shower door and wrapped the towel around my body. I glanced at Greyson, leaning against the door with his arms folded. I walked towards him and cupped his face in my hand. I reassured him, "Greyson Allori. I worry about you because I love you. I know you love me, but you shouldn't love me more than your life. If you die, then I die. No questions asked. Living without you isn't living. I can't lose you." I felt tears form under my eyes. I couldn't hold back the emotions building inside me. I took a deep breath and wiped the tears on my cheek.

Greyson's arms wrapped around me. He rested his head on my shoulder. He muttered, "Hey. Hey. Hey, it's okay. I'm right here, Rea. I love you so much, and you're not losing me. I promise." He released his arms around me and wiped the tears from my eyes. He pressed his lips to mine and told me, "I'm always going to be here for you, Rea. And our baby whose growing inside you. You are so strong, Rea. I'm doing better, I promise."

I caressed the side of his cheek. I placed my lips on his face and whispered, "I love you." A smile lit across his face. He kissed my forehead and replied, "I love you too." He released his hands from my face and left.

I took a deep breath and stood in front of the mirror. I pulled my hair over the sink and removed the excess water before applying the product. As I finished applying the product to my hair, my phone began to ring outside the bathroom. I sighed and entered the bedroom. When I picked up the phone, I heard Blaire's soft voice answer, "Astraea?" I sat on the edge of the bed and replied, "Yes? Is everything alright?"